Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

G01denbuick

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp 3.8
Hey all got a couple of vps around my place I'm pulling apart one and not sure where to go with it.And i have a another one which is for work. Any ideas to get the vp that I'm pulling apart would be awesome , I'm hoping to make it 10 second ride yeah. Soo if I was to keep it v6 what would be the best way or if I went down the v8 lane where to start so many v8s now days it's hard to choose . Any ideas/ suggestions would be great thanks in advance

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
You'd want a very serious set-up and likely a couple of turbos to run 10s with a V6. A stroker 355 would be the easiest in terms of not having to mess around too much with conversions, but even a 355 needs to be pretty stout to dip into the 10s. LS1 is easier again but it's a full conversion job long before you even start modifying it for 500+hp. Then there's a 10s driveline to consider. I'd aim for 14s and have way more fun/less cash/less stress.

H

harrop.senator

Vn series 1 manifolds are mild steel run a pipe around the rear to come up the passenger side and connect with that header for a big single turbo.

Youre going to need a cage, slicks, front runners , and a lot of motor to run twelve. Unless youve got a whole lot of cash id just throw a small stall at it 3.7's and a single t04e,b , hx35 or gt35r and 12 psi at it and keep throwing $200 buicks in evwrytime one goes bang.

It'll run 12s all day if set up correctly and a 12 second car is a pretty quick street car youll go toe to toe with new lsa gts commodores.

To put it into perspective my daily bike runs tens with a good rider and youre talking 0-100 in 2.5 seconds and things get blurry real quick with a top speed o 292. If youve never been in or on somwthing that runs tens, you dont need tens.

H

harrop.senator

Vn series 1 manifolds are mild steel run a pipe around the rear to come up the passenger side and connect with that header for a big single turbo.

Youre going to need a cage, slicks, front runners , and a lot of motor to run twelve. Unless youve got a whole lot of cash id just throw a small stall at it 3.7's and a single t04e,b , hx35 or gt35r and 12 psi at it and keep throwing $200 buicks in every time one goes bang.

It'll run 12s all day if set up correctly and a 12 second car is a pretty quick street car youll go toe to toe with new lsa gts commodores.

To put it into perspective my daily bike runs tens with a good rider and youre talking 0-100 in 2.5 seconds and things get blurry real quick with a top speed o 292. If youve never been in or on something that runs tens you dont need tens.

It'll practically be a trailer queen very unstreetable and use 5 litres of fuel idling up to operstinh temperature.