Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

v6 turbo and Iridium Sparkplugs

|<untzie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac Grand Prix Turbo
no im from canada so we are the metric system, km, meters, kpa, but when dealing with cars we alwyas seem to use imperial,

.040 is around 1.01mm
.035 is around .88 or .89mm if i remember right

vc81

Reaction score
Members Ride
vc commodore
no i just know what happens when you run iridiums in boosted v6's LOL.I never fit anything but stock BPR6EFS in ecotec ide consider 1 range colder maybe :D

What happens when you run these in boosted v6's?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
you have to shut them so far so the spark doesnt blow away that they cost power and time tracking down miss and farting problems and the fact that they get hot on the electrode which is bad for preignition which just tends to smash pistons :p

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Hmmmm glow plugs in a petrol engine. that's what those fine tip iridiums are in high boost FI and nitrous engines

Blakvsexec

Reaction score
Members Ride
5.0L VS EXECUTIVE
The platinum ones would be alright in a boosted engine???? seeing as the centre electrode is the same size as the standard plugs.

vc81

Reaction score
Members Ride
vc commodore
you have to shut them so far so the spark doesnt blow away that they cost power and time tracking down miss and farting problems and the fact that they get hot on the electrode which is bad for preignition which just tends to smash pistons :p

Thanks delco I never thought of that. It makes sense.