Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Turbo Anyone?

C

Comcrazy

comcrazy

Thanks for your comments. I have seen the F.I.T. website and did see the Vt in question with the supercharged bottom end. It might be true that the bottom end of the L32 may not hang in there for the long term, but with a crankshaft rebuilders billet crank, a set Argo rods, and a bit of revision to the oil system I believe that will make the L32 bullet proof. Was thinking more along the lines of a properly manufactured emissions legal kit so that I dont have to deal with road traffic authorities and cops, something similar to the APS Gen111 twin turbo kit (proper). Havent seen anything to date as yet but as I said last post I heard on the grapevine that some one has put the wheels in motion and I think they are in Melb?.
dwilz .. Congrats on the twin turbos .... any chance of seeing some pics/graphs? Who did the work, eg: set up, tuning. development? Sounds like they knew what they were doing. It is good to hear that it has all held together so far, well done.

dwilz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 3.8 c4
Comcrazy said:
dwilz .. Congrats on the twin turbos .... any chance of seeing some pics/graphs? Who did the work, eg: set up, tuning. development? Sounds like they knew what they were doing. It is good to hear that it has all held together so far, well done.

All the manufacturing and R&D has been done through V&E Rigoli Vince has put a lot of time in this and it seems to be paying off.

Check out V&E Rigoli web site they have pics and footage.

Last edited:
C

Comcrazy

comcrazy

Checked out the Rigoli Website and your ride looked great. You have two 250hp Garretts (GT25)? Was jsut wondering, whats the diameter of the primary pipes and when does she come on boost? Did you do anything to the tranny or did ya justleave it standard?. Now I am starting to think maybe the twins might be the way to go instead of the single but not sure whether somthing like that would fit into my budget ... (could be a serious blowout!!) , but you gotta do what you gotta do.

dwilz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 3.8 c4
Thoes turbos were high flow t28 with t25 housings ball bearing but have been changed to two larger ones.

Skid Pattern

Artwork on the road!
Reaction score
Skid Pattern

Hey com crazy......I've heard that there IS somone in Melb doing exactly what you are looking for,as an engineer,i've heard that these turbo systems are in the final stages of development and apparently will cater for the VS-VY v6's. Sounds very promising to me,might be interested myself! Should extend my SKID PATTERN!!

C

Comcrazy

comcrazy

Skid Pattern, Let us know if you hear any more. Cant wait to lay down some rubber. :b:

Leigh_G

..forgot the sump bolt
Reaction score
Members Ride
'81 VH SLX, '08 Prado Grande
I cought this topic on the main page 'n it was exactly what i was lookin for! :)
I'm looking at buying a supercharger for my VN (series 1) V6, from a mate who has a brand new Holden (Eaton) v6 supercharger that should (theoretically) be pretty simple to install, as far as superchargers go :)
Im new to supercharging, so im keen to know what kind of pressure Holden's superchargers run. Although, I'm a bit worried on how my stock internals would handle the extra pressure. Would i need to replace my whole bottom end with this setup, or will it be alright to run on complete stock internals? Im expecting to spend a fair bit so a few new internals arent too scary at the moment!

Any info would be greatly appreciated, Cheers!

C

Comcrazy

comcrazy

Leigh, The Eaton Factory supercharger was never fitted factory to VN/VP or VR V6, it was first introduced on the VS Commodores which have different heads all together for placement of the injectors. So if you buy this supercharger with a factory S/C manifold it will not fit your heads, and you cannot put VS/VT heads on a VN as the VN block is 3/4" approx taller than the VS/VT, plus push rod locations and length are totally different, so i think scrap it mate and have a good think about a turbo!!.

Cheers.

V

vtwagon

You can still boost a stock N/A 6, just keep it to around 6 - 7psi, get yourself an intercooler and it seems that you should be fine - people who have been blowing engines up have been chasing crazy figures with the stock motors.

S

shayne

i have a vh sle with a vr v6 manual fitted and recently put a t3 turbo, intercooler, bosch 363 injectors and microtech computer 3 inch exhaust and v8 throotle body and on 6 pound i made 171kw at the wheels with an estimated 200rwkw on 10 pound soon to come.