Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6/V8 Dual Exhaust....

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 VF SS-V M6 / '99 KN Laser
yeah i already knew that one :p but $1k in just pipe work?? Shite, thats alot, i didnt think it would be THAT much, oh well, would look awesome, would it make a V6 :)() Sound any better? But if i could afford it i would get a stroker KIT and rebuild the engine :D

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
yeah, i know a bloke who paid $2k for his whole exhaust with pacies, hi flow cats and duel exhausts.
if you think about it, a cat back usually costs about $350 by itself, so your basically getting two of those (and another cat) with custom work to weld the second pipe together with all its neccessary angles.
$1k is just a ball park figure to give you an idea of how much this sort of thing costs.
the twin pipes will make it sound pretty nice, but its still a v6, so there's always going to be that "v6 sound".

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 VF SS-V M6 / '99 KN Laser
yeah, but a stroker wit duals wouldnt sound to shabby ;) still not as good as a V8 :( But thats ruled out cause of the new laws in vic nxt year :( so are performance mods, but who cares!!

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
a stroker with a single exhaust sounds pretty sweet too, just ask anyone whose seen/heard my VS.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Frandly, i had mine done in high st, parahan, The Muffler Man. Good Bloke, Colin his name was, cat back exhaust, straight thru with new tip (only single system).. sounds nice, and helped out alot, $500 all up. He wanted about $600 on top of that, to put in a new cat (mine has a crack in it) looking on ebay theres some magnaflow cats for bout $150 can save you some cash..

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Frandly, i had mine done in high st, parahan, The Muffler Man. Good Bloke, Colin his name was, cat back exhaust, straight thru with new tip (only single system).. sounds nice, and helped out alot, $500 all up. He wanted about $600 on top of that, to put in a new cat (mine has a crack in it) looking on ebay theres some magnaflow cats for bout $150 can save you some cash..

$500 for a cat back zorst? Holy hell... $250 from Exhaust Motorsport or some Profix's here in Adelaide

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
damn thats cheap!!! what exhausts under ur VN?

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
damn thats cheap!!! what exhausts under ur VN?

Mines a Lukey with no resonator on it. But im planning on a 2.25" twin system for mine before the years out... But I wont spend the extra money to have one out each side, just get them side by side out the normal spot.