Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6/V8 Dual Exhaust....

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 VF SS-V M6 / '99 KN Laser
Hey guys, seen a few pics of VR/VS with dual exhaust, and i was wondering do you have to modify the fuel tank to fit them?? Or can it just go around it?? I would love to do this to my car when i get it.... Im guessin if it can be done, any custom exhaust place could do it?? Any big names that come to mind that are in Melbourne??

Cheers

P.S. Heres a few pics to show u :)

Attachments

• Dual Exhausts.JPG
    Dual Exhausts.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 3,304
  • 1207009.jpg
    1207009.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 1,570

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
on a sedan the duel exhausts would have to go down the usual passenger side path, then after the fuel tank the second pipe goes across to come out on the other side...giving an effect of twin pipes.
it is still a twin pipe system, but with all the bends and custom work of making the pipes fit its pretty expensive and not as effective as a "real" twin system.
on a ute its a different story, you can run twin pipes easy as, because the fuel tank is in a different possition.
any (decent) exhaust place should be able to make up the neccessary pipe work to create a duel exhaust.

SaGe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II S-PAK Manual
we polish know how to ride....

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
on a sedan the duel exhausts would have to go down the usual passenger side path, then after the fuel tank the second pipe goes across to come out on the other side...giving an effect of twin pipes.
it is still a twin pipe system, but with all the bends and custom work of making the pipes fit its pretty expensive and not as effective as a "real" twin system.
on a ute its a different story, you can run twin pipes easy as, because the fuel tank is in a different possition.
any (decent) exhaust place should be able to make up the neccessary pipe work to create a duel exhaust.

Thanks for that mate, didnt u get a stroker not too long ago?? Hows that going?? But i dont mind about power output, i just want the 2 pipes comming out, with an oval tip, like on the white clubby :yeah:

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
what?? did i miss something :my:

The sticker on the back of the VS Calais.

Anyway, back on the topic, I want to do the same thing, seen it on a couple VS's and VR's, even on a VY SS (hot as f***). If you find a place that will do it for a reasonable price let me kno!

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
oh yeah, sorry, missed that :p will let ya know, but im not gettin my car for another 6-8 months :(

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
NFI good luck !

Last edited:

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
na, ill just put the exhaust around the fuel tank :p too much effort after that, not too concerned with power anyway, well i am, but i would rather it look killer and still have a fair bit of go, you only lose like 1 or 2 rwkw with it like that anyway...

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
the strokers going good thanks Frandy...
the main attraction of the twin pipes is the sound (and ofcourse the look)...they sound pretty sweet. you'd be looking at around $1k just in pipe work and for a second cat, then add more if you wanted extractors and hi flow cats.
one other thing i forgot to mention is that you need the rear bar modified with a second tail pipe "hole" (i guess thats what you'd call it)