Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] V6 vs diff into v6 vy

Smejye

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 Vy commodore v6 auto
Hi all I know there would have been a post out there on this exactlythe same thing

I'm just wondering I have a vs Ute and a vy the vy diff is going bad I think just want to know are the vs and vy diff the same could I use the vs diff in the vy

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Different

Smejye

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 Vy commodore v6 auto
What about if I use the tailshaft from the vs aswell
Or could you tell me what it could be when I put it into drive it dips down heaps in the rear and when I'm driving It sort of winds but not like a diff I have heard before normally a lot worst could the be the tailshaft? And if I go to the end of my court and drive In a circle the noise doesn't get worst that I can notice ??

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
VS tailshaft is not capatible with VY even with VS diff.

Smejye

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 Vy commodore v6 auto
could you tell me what it could be when I put it into drive it dips down heaps in the rear and when I'm driving It sort of winds but not like a diff I have heard before normally a lot worst could the be the tailshaft? And if I go to the end of my court and drive In a circle the noise doesn't get worst that I can notice ??

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
could you tell me what it could be when I put it into drive it dips down heaps in the rear and when I'm driving It sort of winds but not like a diff I have heard before normally a lot worst could the be the tailshaft? And if I go to the end of my court and drive In a circle the noise doesn't get worst that I can notice ??
check the rear diff mount