Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 vs LS1 vs LS2

What motor for my car

• V6

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • LS1

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • LS2

Votes: 15 44.1%

• Total voters
S

sami_1985

I have a VR Commodore Executive (you can see it in the My Ride section) and i am debating on the motor for my car and would love to hear what you all think

Sami

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
never base mods on someone elses opinion, you'll never truly love the car

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
In the future, I'm going for a 4.2ltr stroker V6 with turbo:)

angelo.vs

Autobot
Reaction score
Members Ride
Honda Accord Euro Luxury
LS1. Unless you have at least 10k I wouldnt bother with the conversion. Will be cheaper if you do most labour yourself though. Might also want to consider an L67

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
sami_1985 said:
I have a VR Commodore Executive (you can see it in the My Ride section) and i am debating on the motor for my car and would love to hear what you all think

Sami
Depends on the cash you have...

Plus you gotta put the right tranny in.. If money is not an issue, obviously go the LS2. It's a monster..

C

corvette_tpi

You might also want to consider a Chev 350 T.P.I engine. These are the Tuned Port Injection engines that were in Corvettes and Camaros. They are seriously good engines. I have one that is fully rebuilt sitting in my garage that i was going to put into my VP that has a Brock Touring Car Bodykit. I am not going to put the engine in as my plans have changed. I have the rebiult engine with most accessories including mirotec e.c.u and the corvette facrory e.c.u, alternator, wiring harness, dizzy & coil etc. I also have a VS V8 T700 auto transmission that has been rebuit with a full manual shift kit, corvette servos, it is an incredible gearbox. The transmission comes with a new Dominatopr 2500 r.p.m stall convertor.

I am about to advertise this for sale, it will be going for a bargain of a price, anyone that is interested can contact me on [email protected]. If you want a truly different awesome engine that is in corvettes get in quick as this will sell quickly.

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
i didn't vote
because i think 5.0 would be the best bet for your make of car

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
I have recently bought a 6 speed VX SS. My previous car (still have it haven't advertised it yet) is a VS series 2 5 speed exhaust, extractors, cai and a bigger throttle body.

The LS1 shits all over it. The vs had great take off and is quick, but the LS1 has heaps more grunt in the high rev range. My vs would probably beat it to 20-30km but after that, bye bye.

I cant wait to mod this thing.:w00t:

S

sami_1985

TheForgotten said:
never base mods on someone elses opinion, you'll never truly love the car

Thanks for the feedback but I was just curious as to see what you guys would do in my position in the end its my money and of course i will do what i want i was just asking what you's would do

S

sami_1985

corvette_tpi said:
You might also want to consider a Chev 350 T.P.I engine. These are the Tuned Port Injection engines that were in Corvettes and Camaros. They are seriously good engines. I have one that is fully rebuilt sitting in my garage that i was going to put into my VP that has a Brock Touring Car Bodykit. I am not going to put the engine in as my plans have changed. I have the rebiult engine with most accessories including mirotec e.c.u and the corvette facrory e.c.u, alternator, wiring harness, dizzy & coil etc. I also have a VS V8 T700 auto transmission that has been rebuit with a full manual shift kit, corvette servos, it is an incredible gearbox. The transmission comes with a new Dominatopr 2500 r.p.m stall convertor.

I am about to advertise this for sale, it will be going for a bargain of a price, anyone that is interested can contact me on [email protected]. If you want a truly different awesome engine that is in corvettes get in quick as this will sell quickly.

And what price range are we looking at here?????