Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 vs LS1 vs LS2

What motor for my car

• V6

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • LS1

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • LS2

Votes: 15 44.1%

• Total voters
C

corvette_tpi

I am going to be selling it for between $5,000 - $6,000 for the whole lot. The engine is a Vortec 350 Chev with the Tuned Port Injection top end. Anyone let me know if they are interested.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I'd go the LS2, but i think you'd have some issues fitting in the transmission and the engine itself. Just remember the LS2 has almost all of it's torque available at initial acceleration. Quite impressive.

S

sami_1985

kill -9 said:
I'd go the LS2, but i think you'd have some issues fitting in the transmission and the engine itself. Just remember the LS2 has almost all of it's torque available at initial acceleration. Quite impressive.

What do you mean issues?? thanks for your input aswell

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
LS2 would be best but as Kill_9 stated fitting it could be a bitch. LS1 is a fairly uncomplicated swap and its been done befor. out of interet has anyone or does anybody know anyone who has fitted a LS2 into a VR/VS??

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
If you wanna do mods the LS1 has a big jump on development, depend how long you wanna wait as the LS1 has a proven record.

hayds_12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Series 2
nothing beats a 5.0L v8 out of a vs with the right exaust it is the nicest thing to listen to its garunteed to fit easier to insure. mods arnt to expensive and with the money you save on buying the 5L over the ls2 supercharge it (or turbo which eva one takes your fancy) and all sorts of other mods. thats a quick ride and a nasty rumbly idle

S

sami_1985

hayds_12 said:
nothing beats a 5.0L v8 out of a vs with the right exaust it is the nicest thing to listen to its garunteed to fit easier to insure. mods arnt to expensive and with the money you save on buying the 5L over the ls2 supercharge it (or turbo which eva one takes your fancy) and all sorts of other mods. thats a quick ride and a nasty rumbly idle

How much does a V8 out of a vs going to cost? IM all about the options at the moment and prices help too!!!!

hayds_12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Series 2
i couldnt find a vs 5L but i found a vt 5L on http://www.proactionspares.com.au/specials.htm and its specs are -
Brand New in the crate - VT HSV 5.0 litre 195KW Complete Engine!- Including water pump, oil pump, injection intake with injectors, distributor and leads. Use as injection engine or carburettor setup. Now $5,000. doesnt sound bad might even consider it myself.

hayds_12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Series 2
GENIII Motors, Brand new still in box from factory, Complete LSI motors as per picture. Wiring looms / Computors etc also available., $5350.00

6.00 lt LS2 Complete crate motor, brand new still in box. As fitted to VZ H.S.V. 297kw. Wiring looms / Computors etc also available., $7500.00

BRAND NEW 5.0ltV8, Holden V8 EFI, VS 5.0lt brand new still in box from factory, complete with starter / EFI / dizzy / water pump / leads / coil / inlet manifold / injectors / oil pump / exhaust manifolds / etc., $4150.00

thats all brand new stuff from Bay City Holden Spare Parts in Frankston Vic i spose second hand stuff would be resonably cheaper but good luck finding a second hand ls2 cheaper than $7500 mmmmm 297kw mayb ls2 is plausable depends on how well it fits and with how much customization and at what cost. also how well will the drivetrain handle it.