Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 vs LS1 vs LS2

What motor for my car

• V6

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • LS1

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • LS2

Votes: 15 44.1%

• Total voters
S

sami_1985

thanks for your help and prices i might just have to look into that all

thanks again
Sami

VS CALAIS

M6 VF SSV
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV 6spd Manual
L67 all the way :) but each to his own ;)

MBS206

Reaction score
Don't even think about the LS2...

Go for the 6.0L out of the VE Commodore (Only the HSV runs the LS2).
The Commodore 6.0L is a different motor, and Holden actually had to go back to the drawing board 3 times, to redesign the cam, exhaust and tune to get the power below the HSV! (Obviously, you can't try and sell a slower car, for more money then a cheaper car that will go hell quicker!)

The L76 I beleive is the new 6.0L in the Commodores. Cam, exhaust, tune... MONSTER motor!

HIROLLA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII CAPRICE
Go the 5L out of a vs. Second hand for about $1500-2500 with the left over money you can spend on performance upgrades to the motor which in my books would be a better option (i think so anyways) I will be doing something similar to my car soon :)

Goodluck

commod8

swim wit da fishes
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive V6 Auto
yeah the VZ 6.0L V8 is called the L76, i assumed that the 6.0L in the VE would also be called the L76, but as a few people have mentioned in the VE section, the 6.0L in the VE is called the L98.
obviously it would be a bit easier and cheaper to drop in a 5.0L seeing as your car came out with them, but then an LS1 or LS2 would be awesome!!! i'd drop in a 5.0L if it was me, only because i'd be 100% happy with a 5.0L, and wouldn't bother spending more on an LS1 or LS2.

good luck with the decision!