Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 VT Coolant in random places

teflondon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT executive
Hi all, im new to the site and this is my first post so please bear with me.

I have been having issues with coolant loss as of late (suspected blown head gasket) which i have put chemi weld through the radiator to give me a bit more time (saving for a new engine mine has 380 tho on the clock and is very tired).
The chemi weld stopped the fluid loss so i thought i would flush the rad and put new coolant in it. I checked the fluid today and it has gone down again but low and behold i looked at the power streeing fluid resoviour and there appears to be green coolant in it, I sure as hell didnt put it there, just wondering if anyone out there has seen this before????? as i didnt realise it was even possible.

Any help would be greatfuly accepted.

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
Head gaskets arent very hard to replace, if you buy some gaskets and have a torque wrench you could do it in a couple of hours alone.

Not sure how you would get coolant on the power steering resoviour unless its squirting there under pressure from somewhere else. (just re-read it) There is no way coolant can get inside it as far as I know.