Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 VT wiring loom

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Use a VS loom and ECU with no VATS. Exactly the same deal but you retain the MPFI and electronic gearbox control. You'll need to get a transmission controller or a TH700 if you go down the VN/VP route.
Yeah won't OP need a trans anyway? I thought the trans harness plug changed from VS to VT, like it did from early VR to late VR?

H

harrop.senator

Vr series one 4hhd/hbd is the same pinout and ohms of solenoids with no pulse width modulation so you just stake that circuit to keep the valve closed in the body.

Series 2 5hbd/hhd is first year of pulse width modulation. The 13 pin ? Connector is the same as newer. But you'll need to drop the pan and change the solenoids out for vs+ they were one year only solenoids.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Says he needs the ECU to "run the engine and trans", would assume that means he's just using the VT one.
Yeah hence my suggestion he go for early ECM without E trans, as VT makes a hard job, really hard, IMHO.

Fachoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
calais 2
Hey guys im new to all this and not sure where to post this thread

I have put a 3.8L v6 in a 1980 ex lancer and am stuck now at the wiring. I have the whole loom from the donor car (VT commodore) but don't know alot about the wiring and i have the wiring diagram for it.
I need to get rid of the BCM and have the fuse and relay box inside the passenger side foot well up high. I dont need the fuel pump or fans done as ive wired them separately. Ive removed the ac pump there is no dash or abs so literally only need wiring to start and run the motor and trans and the alternator to charge the battery.

Has anyone done this before and able to give me some clues on how to do all of this. I have a guy that can disable the bcm from the ecu or however its done

Thank you in advance
Give Pat a call @ V6Conversions in Moree, he can help with any VN/VT V6/V8 into other vehicles.
Too confusing and risky to type electrical issues online especially if one has no electrical experience as just 1 wrong colour and very expensive lesson to learn.