Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V8 CAI, V6 CAI difference?

Avi8or

Luxo-barging
Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice 6L
Everywhere I look on eBay the Holden V8 CAI's are always cheaper than the V6 ones, but they look almost exactly the same. Just wondering whats the difference between the two, and if a V8 one would fit on a V6 engine (VS) :) ?

ElDubya

Mad As A Meataxe
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Commodore V6
I fitted a V8 CAI to a V6 VS Commodore yesterday, so I can vouch for the fact that they DO fit. I haven't personally noticed any difference between the two products.

ThongyVL

Reaction score
Website
www.thongysautoparts.com
Members Ride
97 VS Acclaim
The V6 CAI is LARGER than the V8 ones for some reason. It is wider and allows more air to pass through than the V8 Kit. Let me know if you need them as I have both if those CAI in stock. Pick up is available from Sydney Metro area.

$48 for V6
$38 for V8

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
I agree with Thongy VL the V6 cai is inded bigger than the V8 one because the the V8 has to fir over the top of a much larger fan shroud so it doesn't leave as much room between shroud and bonnet and because of this it (the V8 one) also has a dent in it where the bonnet hand release handle is so that even the opening across the front is smaller.
The only reasons I see for choosing a V8 over a V6 would be to save $10 or if you wanted to fit an HSV stamped V8 one(same as V8 but with HSV logo on it).
The V6 one was released with the VS11 supercharged 6 which at the time was actually faster than the factory V8's (not HSV's).