Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V8 Calais VR v VS

hemi01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S2 V6 Berlina
Gidday,

My first visit here. I've been hanging around the VN VP forum.

I'm keen to upgrage from my V6 VN to a V8 Calais in either VR or VS. VR's seem slightly cheaper but probably explained by being older.

My question is are there any major advantages in buying a 5.0l VS Calais over a similar condition 5.0l VR Calais.

Secondly, will a stock 5.0l go that much bettter than my V6 S2?

Thanks
Mick

chris-OH!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais
the vs calais and the vr calais both v8 models are very much indentical the v6 calais for vr has the buick engine and the vs v6 calais has the ecotech engine the vs being the btter in the v6 as for v8 to my knowledge they share the same engine

then again i may be wrong :p

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
same V8 engine VN-VS, so there is no advantage drive train wise as far as VR-VS models. What i would do is keep you eye out for one that was optioned with leather. VR is probably going to be cheaper like you say than a VS. So basically just look for the best value well kept one you can find.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Yeah as above, the only deciding factor would be your colour choice, and interior style.

Personally i'd go with VR, for the fact there cheaper. And i'm not a big fan of the 1/4 tone in series 2 VSs