Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V8 Cluster into V6 VS

cypher967

HSV VT 5.0 195i
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore S
Can the V8 clusters fit into V6 commodores? or does there need to be some wiring changes? cheers Ben

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
the tacho will be reading out, i think the speed sender uses the same pulse width in 6's and 8's but just put in the V6 one its alot easier...

cypher967

HSV VT 5.0 195i
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore S
I bought an HSV 250km Speedo and trip computer and looms which cost a f****** mint. I have tried the cluster and only the Speedo and Fuel is working not temp or Revs so im guessing that the cluster needs to be changed to suit anyone know where to get this done? cheers

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
Cluster problem.

The temp gauge should work as normal. There must be something wrong with the cluster or the green circuit board at the back of the cluster.

NeilB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Caprice
I'm pretty sure the Temp sender is different as when I asked about this cause I'm doin a V6 to V8 swap I was told to get a V8 panel as the Temp and Tacho were different. Sometimes you can buy them on Ebay pretty cheap or if you have your old 1 just swap the Tacho and Temp gauges with the new 1. It's not all that hard to do, or if you just want the 250Kmh speedo just put the speedo in your old 1.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
yes you can. there is a resistor that needs to be changed inside the cluster. not sure which one it is but there are a few photos of it on this forum somewhere