Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V8 Commodore prices going down?

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
I haven't posted a thread in quite some time but while looking at the prices of V8 Commodores, Caprices, etc... I've noticed that people aren't selling them for as much as they once were a few months ago, here's what I mean:

1655968258798.png

1655968296149.png

1655968343280.png

1655968383345.png

By no means are they cheap, but the economical troubles, combined with the high fuel costs and cost of living are putting V8 Commodores, and all other older cars down....

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
The inflation/economy will drive used car prices back down again, I don't think we'll see a spike like we had again for a long time if ever again.

People are going to start being a lot more tight with their money, especially spending on cars like this that would be considered "weekend toys" and not essential purchases.

The now average $800,000-$1,000,000 (sigh) Sydney/Melbourne mortgage will likely go up by approx $800-1500 per month if interest keeps rising the way the banks are predicting and that will mean less money for hobbies and toys for the average worker which ultimately will lower their value.

Last edited:

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
The inflation/economy will drive used car prices back down again, I don't think we'll see a spike like we had again for a long time if ever again.

People are going to start being a lot more tight with their money, especially spending on cars like this that would be considered "weekend toys" and not essential purchases.

The now average $800,000-$1,000,000 (sigh) Sydney/Melbourne mortgage will likely go up by approx $800-1500 per month if interest keeps rising the way the banks are predicting and that will mean less money for hobbies and toys for the average worker which ultimately will lower their value.
It makes it easier for enthusiasts to get their hands on a car that they love... Though it also makes it more attractive for bogans as well...

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Omega, EA Fairmont (Restoration)
How much did you buy it for and how many kilometres? V6 Commodores aren't as badly affected by idiots trying to charge $50,000 for a 300,000km clapped out Commodore...
I got mine for $8990, 79K on the clock (at the time) 85k now. Not bad really, but I have been looking at car sales since this post and have seen yea the v6's with triple my ODO for another 3-6 grand on them. Making me think I could flip mine for a bit more haha But I wouldn't be making anything, I've spent probably close to 2g getting it cleaned up

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I think you will find that its the rough ones that are bringing low $. A good one will still bring the big $. Because getting a junk one to a good one is big, big $.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L

I do think a lot of the ridiculous prices and inflation is purely because lots of people built a war chest of savings during the pandemic and started splurging after the lockdowns ended.

Now with interest rates going up people who are still sitting on cash are probably more inclined to keep it as a buffer against mortgage repayments/rent etc than continue to pay over the odds for various things.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
I do think a lot of the ridiculous prices and inflation is purely because lots of people built a war chest of savings during the pandemic and started splurging after the lockdowns ended.

Now with interest rates going up people who are still sitting on cash are probably more inclined to keep it as a buffer against mortgage repayments/rent etc than continue to pay over the odds for various things.
I'd like to thing you're right but I reckon I'll burn through lots of cash just buying basics to live on instead.
Like - you know stuff like food.

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Omega, EA Fairmont (Restoration)
I think you will find that its the rough ones that are bringing low $. A good one will still bring the big $. Because getting a junk one to a good one is big, big $.
I am gonna have a look around and enquire about my car, see how much/if I get more than what I paid. Kind of curious to see