Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V8 conversion into vs berlina

350_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs berlina
need a bit of information about what v8s i can put in my vs stationwagon, and also what else i would need for the coversion apart from the obvious bits and pieces

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
You can put any V8 you want in it. Getting it engineered and legal will be the interesting bit. 5 Litre conversion would be the easiest, but even easier (and probably cheaper) than that would be to buy something that already has an 8 in it.

dynoryder

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive wagon
You can put any V8 you want in it. Getting it engineered and legal will be the interesting bit. 5 Litre conversion would be the easiest, but even easier (and probably cheaper) than that would be to buy something that already has an 8 in it.

it would be cheaper to buy one but where is the fun in that

my theroy is to go a 5lt holden then you can stroke it and do a lot of other stuff

shanhsv

Luvo
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais V6 & VSII Senator 215i
if ur planning on stroking later,most would suggest a VT S1 5L,which is also found in series 3 V8 VS stato and ute. I think its due the the roller cam in them. Anything else im not sure on. Any VN-VT S1 V8 will be a fine fit. LS series V8s can be put in,a few places sell kits for the job but expect to pay big bucks.

dynoryder

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive wagon
if you have an older 304 you can get the roller cam for it