Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V8 exhaust 5.7

Holden V8 SS Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 VN Track Car
Hi everyone.

I am just getting ppls opinion on this exhaust setup. I have currently a 2.5inch with 2 mufflers the rest straight through full extractors. I want to change it so I dont have any mufflers, all I would have is the extractors, cats obviously, and 2 resonators on each side of the pipe the rest straight through until the back. Has anyone heard of what this may sound like etc. Info would be great cheers.

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
If you run straight pipes only with hotdogs out the back, it will be quite (re:very loud), but the best thing about it is, you can play with that. If it's too loud, get some offset straight through mufflers put in instead. They will take a bit more out of it for you.
Placement is a big thing too, usually hotdogs go up the back to get rid of raspiness and droning, where as the offset mufflers go a bit closer to the engine.

Go for it, I say.

Holden V8 SS Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 VN Track Car
If you run straight pipes only with hotdogs out the back, it will be quite (re:very loud), but the best thing about it is, you can play with that. If it's too loud, get some offset straight through mufflers put in instead. They will take a bit more out of it for you.
Placement is a big thing too, usually hotdogs go up the back to get rid of raspiness and droning, where as the offset mufflers go a bit closer to the engine.

Go for it, I say.

Yeah thats true. I got the idea from a rally experience I did a time ago where the ute I was driving had exactly the same system only the resonators, Wasn't that loud really just a raw V8 sound.

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
Would be loud but as a V8 that's a good thing. Maybe look into some of those Xforce mufflers you can turn off.

Skooby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
I love the sound of the Sureflo exhaust's. They sound better than a lot of other exhausts I have heard.

X-Force don't make the Varex (Switch on/off) for VY/VZ's SS's.

lil_mickey

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH 253 :-)
Strait through would be awesome... you would defiantly hear the true grunt of the 5.7

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
x-force have the twin hot dog setup for the rear in place of the rear muffler, its in twin 3" system, not sure if you can get for 2.5" or just cut out rear muffler weld in two hot dogs to suit and any additional pipe required :D

Holden V8 SS Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 VN Track Car
thnaks guys for your comments much appreciated.

Last edited: