Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V8 exhausts

GreenGremlin

Reaction score
Website
www.brockcommodores.com
Members Ride
VK Calais
what does everyeone run?

I'm thinkin of going for twin 2.5" into a 3'' big bore, been told it will be a lot louder than my current system which is rather noisy as well, almost sounds like a nascar out on the freeway.

will have to run a resonator but no chromed milo tin fart cannon for me thanks.

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
I have extractors, twin 2inch into single muffler then 2,5 inch out to the rear. Mine is loud, but not over the legal DB limit, thank christ.
Thats another thing, its got to be under 98DB or its not legal

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Mine is like SL/E nut's.

I have twin 2 inch into the first muffler and then single 2 1/2 inch out into the hot dog muffler and 2 1/2 inch out from that.

If my exhaust ever blows a hole, I am going to replace it with a complete dual exhaust. Eh, maybe. :)

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
Im running Pacemaker 1 3/4" primary headers into 2 1/2" collectors then twin high flow 2 1/4" through twin cats into a single 3" mandrell bend though a single 3" muffler & a huge hotdog.

The exhaust is flanged at about 7 position allowing easy removal of sections, all painted in heat proof paint.

more info on my site.

cheers
Scott

GreenGremlin

Reaction score
Website
www.brockcommodores.com
Members Ride
VK Calais
vkberlina said:
Im running Pacemaker 1 3/4" primary headers into 2 1/2" collectors then twin high flow 2 1/4" through twin cats into a single 3" mandrell bend though a single 3" muffler & a huge hotdog.

The exhaust is flanged at about 7 position allowing easy removal of sections, all painted in heat proof paint.

more info on my site.

cheers
Scott

that sounds awesome, wouldnt have been cheap though, I;m going 2.5" to the muffler then a 3" dump pipe out the back, mine will be flanged in 3 or 4 spots.

mintox

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK group A and VL Calais
You might wanna put a resinator on with a 3". Speaking from expereince. Although I have a heavily worked 308/ stage 3 cam setup for drags and was way over the legal Db imit... Cuts the incar drone :)

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Mad work vkberlina :yeah:

Does the cat make a difference?

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
Thanks, well i have 2 cats and have to run them as the car the engine came out of had them. The are high flow cats for an LS1 so I there will be any obstruction to exhaust flow.
I havent driven the car with the efi 5l very far, only in & out of the shed, off & on the trailer etc. It does sound sweet, it wont pass the noise test by a couple of DB as it is but I have a silencer to install which will fix that problem.

cheers
Scott