Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

v8 into 6 cylinder vk/disc brakes

vkhawkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk commodore
gday
it looks like im replacing the 202 n 5 spd with a 308 n 4 spd. ive been told by the seller of the 308 that it doesnt need an ecu to run the v8. and that the fuse box is the same as in the 202. is this correct. i wouldnt have thought so?
also, if a vk has disc brakes on it, how do u know if the correct master cylinder is being used. is there any way of telling the 2 apart?
cheers
p.s its in a vk, both motors are black
thanks

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Well for the motor, i think its correct, the 202 VKs and the 308 Vks are the same fuse box. Only different would be the engine wire loom. But you can get these.
The brakes well look on the master cylinder, might have 1" stamped in it. This means its a 1" m/c. If it has 15/16. its a 15th/16th m/c. Both was used for rear disc brakes. Also the brake booster is bigger for 4 wheel discs too.

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
Ok the fuse boxes arent quite the same, the EFI 202 & V8 Vk share a simularity in fuse boxes that the Carbie 202 lacks. Its a fuel pump relay, you will need to get it out of the donar car, its not like a normal relay it has alot more terminals on it.
This means you will need to get the fuel pump from memory its in the tank. Your VK will have all the wiring in place is a simple plug in proceedure.

Also dont forget you will need to change your front springs.

I have wiring diagrams on my site if needed.

cheers
Scott

vkhawkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk commodore
so if i run an lpg setup the fuse will not matter. is that correct?