Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V8 K frame into vl for LS1 conversion

Dudsy 13

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy ss VK group a replica
Hi guys. I have just bought a vl 6 cyl shell for a LS1 V8 conversion. I'm wanting to know what K frame and struts would fit in and that people have used for this conversion. Thanks in advance guys

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Apparently you get ls mounts for the all v6 models & rb30 crossmember too.

Personally I'd rather start with vn-s v8 crossmember if want powersteering.

Can be done different ways depending on driveline,conversion parts or intended use.

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
You will find out about the steering/extractor/bellhousing clearances which ever kframe you end up using.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I did an LS1 into a VC, used manual rack out of a VB/VC, notched the chassis rail on the RHS for extractor clearance, custom 4-1s. Kept the factory K frame. I also elongated the the rack mounts and pushed the rack about 10mm to the left. Umm....had to grind a bit off the starter motor body. Relocated the rear coil on the drivers side to clear the booster. Ground down the head of the steering couple bolt. Custom made engine mounts. Flipped the gearbox mount over and elongated the holes to move it back a touch for a 4L60E. VS V8 front half of the tail shaft, factory V8 rear half.