Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V8 Performance Parts

MACE

Reaction score
can Mace supply roller rockers that are straight bolt on without adjustment that fit under the standard covers on a VR 304 and if so what is the cost delivered to Beresfield 2322 and are they in stock. thanks, Jim.

Hi Commydoor,

Unfortunately we don't have rockers to suit your car :( Your best bet would be to try YT or Crane cams.

I don't suppose you'd have any dyno charts to go with these?

I was looking at going 1.8 a while back, but the consensus amongst people who'd tried them was that they didn't have much gain on a LS1. Would be keen to see how 1.9s do.

Also how high can you go with a stock cam before you start causing interference?

We have dyno graphs. Hopefully I'll be able to scan them and have them up here on the weekend.

Not only this but the part throttle response is much better with these rockers then the factory items resulting in better driveability :w00t:

These rockers generate around .550" of Lift on your stock LS1 and 2 from memory, which is small cam territory, without the expense :)

In regards to the max lift that these heads can take without machining the valve guides etc is over .600" however I'll have to get clarification from our head porter.

Interested in the 70mm throttle body
how do i get 1?
ruff price?
exhange for mine too?

Hi ducker85

In regards to your questions. Ordering one of these can be done via email or over the phone. The price is $220 outright or $190 changeover.

Cheers
Steve

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
how did you go with dyno sheets for the roller rockers?

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
better get some, Or yella terra will get my coin...

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
better get some, Or yella terra will get my coin...

I've been keeping an ear open about 1.8 rockers, word on the street is that there really isn't much in them by way of performance, certainly not to the same extent that there is for Ecotec rockers.

I'd like to see charts for the 1.9's, to see if they fare any better.

There was a bloke on this forum selling a new set of YT 1.8's for quite a good price (about $500 I think?) he might still have them for sale. From what I've heard though, they are only really good for quieting the drivetrain thanks to the roller tip.

MACE

Reaction score
I've been keeping an ear open about 1.8 rockers, word on the street is that there really isn't much in them by way of performance, certainly not to the same extent that there is for Ecotec rockers.

There was a bloke on this forum selling a new set of YT 1.8's for quite a good price (about $500 I think?) he might still have them for sale. From what I've heard though, they are only really good for quieting the drivetrain thanks to the roller tip.

I can’t talk about 1.8:1 ratio rockers in an LS1 as we haven’t tested them,

The 1.9:1 on the other hand work quite well with gains of around 5-10% depending in the rev limit etc. In addition to the power output, part throttle drivability and response has also been improved. This has been the general feedback from people in this who have installed this item.

In regards to quieting down the valve train, lifter preload is the key to keeping a valve train quite and not so much having a roller tip. This is because it improves the response time of the lifters to be able to take into account any variance in valve train clearances under operating conditions keeping it quite. It’s for this reason we’ve had comments from installers stating that our rockers are quieter then other roller tipped items on market.

hotss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS SERIES 2 5.0L
Performance parts

Hey i own a holden commodore vs ss series 2, and im wanting to enhance the horse power, what do you suggest to do, i only want to make small enhancements and not to costly. thanks
daniel

MACE

Reaction score
Hi hotss,

It depends on what your budget is. Assuming that it's under $1000, I would recommend a cat back exhaust system, cold air intake, larger throttle body and reprogrammed memcal. These mods will net power gains of around 10-15% at the rears.

Cheers
Steve :)

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr

nah they not for sale anymore, i was going to buy them till our work got bought out and we weren't sure if keeping our jobs so let them go, he put them in his wife's clubby.

Cursed CX8

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Adventra
ok MACE, Im still waiting on sheets and documentation that shows gains for the 1.9:1 ls1 rockers as well as documentation stating that the valve will not have excessive lift causing damage.

Ill give you till Monday 14/6 to show me these and give me a time on availability. If i dont get them then your direct sponsor competitor WILL be given the business.