Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V8 Performance Parts

MACE

Reaction score
cool Steve,im in Perth and how do i go about ordering one and would you be able to organize postage to Perth and what would the price inc postage be.Also mate do i just bolt on my sensors/iac motor and would i need to use my throttle linkage.And one final question mate what gains would i get from it ie my car has cam/otr/4-into1/twin2.5''/udp/ thanks for you time Steve and would i be able to order one next week cheers

hurricane ss,

In regards to your questions/statements...

“cool Steve,im in Perth and how do i go about ordering one”
Can be done via PM, email or over the phone.

“and would you be able to organize postage to Perth and what would the price inc postage be.”
The price for the TB would be $220 while express postage would be $15.

“Also mate do i just bolt on my sensors/iac motor and would i need to use my throttle linkage.”
Just bolt on your original TPS and IAC valve.

“And one final question mate what gains would i get from it ie my car has cam/otr/4-into1/twin2.5''/udp/ thanks for you time Steve and would i be able to order one next week cheers”
In conjunction with a ported inlet manifold you’d be looking at around 5rwkw.

If you have any more questions please don’t hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Steve

hurricane ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
Steve, Hi mate cheers for the 80mm throttle body looks fantastic and will look a treat with my polished alloy O.T.R.Thanks for the great service you provided mate and the prompt delivery to my door, will be bolting all on and will let you know what improvement it made to my car ie dyno thanks again Steve

MACE

Reaction score
Steve, Hi mate cheers for the 80mm throttle body looks fantastic and will look a treat with my polished alloy O.T.R.Thanks for the great service you provided mate and the prompt delivery to my door, will be bolting all on and will let you know what improvement it made to my car ie dyno thanks again Steve

Ah good stuff :) When you get a chance if you could email us a pic with the TB installed it would be much appreciated as I would love to see how it looks with the polished alloy OTR :)

Cheers
Steve

hurricane ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
Hi Steve, will do, this weekend bolting on throttle body etc will email photo for you mate should look sweet with the polished O.T.R and ceramic coated 4into1's cheers again Steve

hurricane ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
hiSteve, bolted the throttle body on this weekend ,started her up and she was not happy idled way too low and decided to take it off and put the stockie one back on idled as normal straight away so have decided will be going to my engine/tuner man and he can bolt it back on and re set the idle back up so it will be all sweet.Steve car had great response from it so will be sending photo/ dyno result to yourself once she is all set up to suit it cheers mate

hurricane ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
yep mate she has got the hole in the butterfly ,no sweat steve tuner is going to sort it out for me and he said will not be a problem just has to have a fiddle with the idle settings in the tune and she will be all spot on cheers

troytroy2

Reaction score
Members Ride
YII Clubsport R8
“And one final question mate what gains would i get from it ie my car has cam/otr/4-into1/twin2.5''/udp/ thanks for you time Steve and would i be able to order one next week cheers”
In conjunction with a ported inlet manifold you’d be looking at around 5rwkw.
Steve

"inconjunction with a ported manifold?" What do you mean by that? I know that alot of aftermarket 80mm Throttle Bodies for LS1's have reducers that connect between the larger throttlebody and the Inlet Manifold.....are you saying that you can attack the plastic inlet manifold with a dremel or something?

Curious....as I've always wondered how effective these things are when it still reduces to the 78mm(?) odd inlet manifold anyway.

Very curious...

Cheers

Troy