Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V8 Performance Parts

troytroy2

Reaction score
Members Ride
YII Clubsport R8
Steve any further word on the LS1 higher ratio roller rockers?

MACE

Reaction score
"inconjunction with a ported manifold?" What do you mean by that? I know that alot of aftermarket 80mm Throttle Bodies for LS1's have reducers that connect between the larger throttlebody and the Inlet Manifold.....are you saying that you can attack the plastic inlet manifold with a dremel or something?

Curious....as I've always wondered how effective these things are when it still reduces to the 78mm(?) odd inlet manifold anyway.

Very curious...

Cheers

Troy

Hey Troy,

The actually throat diameter of the manifold is 75mm on a LS1/LS6 manifold. While the throat diamerter of the factory throttle body is 72mm (the butterfly itself is 75mm like the manifold but there is a 72mm venturi in front of it). If you're going to install a throttle body larger then 75mm then I would highly recommend porting out the manifold to suit, using something like a dremel. While you've got the manifold off you can always port the runners a little as well :)

Steve any further word on the LS1 higher ratio roller rockers?

We've tested the 2.0:1 ratio and they seem to make around 5rwkw over the 1.9's. Didn't like the 2.1:'s though as the gains were less then the 2.0:1s. Note that the 2.0's require cylinder head mods to fit plus we won't consider selling these for at least 6-12 months of field testing.

Cheers
Steve

troytroy2

Reaction score
Members Ride
YII Clubsport R8
Hey Troy,

The actually throat diameter of the manifold is 75mm on a LS1/LS6 manifold. While the throat diamerter of the factory throttle body is 72mm (the butterfly itself is 75mm like the manifold but there is a 72mm venturi in front of it). If you're going to install a throttle body larger then 75mm then I would highly recommend porting out the manifold to suit, using something like a dremel. While you've got the manifold off you can always port the runners a little as well :)

We've tested the 2.0:1 ratio and they seem to make around 5rwkw over the 1.9's. Didn't like the 2.1:'s though as the gains were less then the 2.0:1s. Note that the 2.0's require cylinder head mods to fit plus we won't consider selling these for at least 6-12 months of field testing.

Cheers
Steve

Maybe one day when I get bored I might pull the inlet manifold off and dremel away (and give it a good clean whilst it's out)..........it's probably a pain in the arrrse job to take the inlet manifold off no doubt?

Fair enough about field testing the 2.0's. I've pretty well found what valve springs I'll get, now I got to justify the rockers to the minister for war and finance....

MACE

Reaction score
Maybe one day when I get bored I might pull the inlet manifold off and dremel away (and give it a good clean whilst it's out)..........it's probably a pain in the arrrse job to take the inlet manifold off no doubt?

Fair enough about field testing the 2.0's. I've pretty well found what valve springs I'll get, now I got to justify the rockers to the minister for war and finance....

Taking the manifold will be around the hour mark. Removing, porting and installing the manifold should take around half a day to a day to do if you've never done it before.

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers
Steve

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
I own a vb commodore fitted with a 355i motor. Sadly I don't have a very good cold air intake. The one I did have was the factory cold air intake that went over the radiator. I had to take it off as it was to hard to open the bonnet. Do you think the one you make for the vn-vt would fit or could be made to fit without to much difficulty?

MACE

Reaction score
I own a vb commodore fitted with a 355i motor. Sadly I don't have a very good cold air intake. The one I did have was the factory cold air intake that went over the radiator. I had to take it off as it was to hard to open the bonnet. Do you think the one you make for the vn-vt would fit or could be made to fit without to much difficulty?

We do have a CAI kit to suit a VB-VL commodores as shown in the attached pics. Given you have a VB commodore though you'll need to drill into to the body work to fit the box, unlike the VL's, which already have provision for a factory air filter box. In your case what we could supply you with is a VN 5L cai kit and replace the the lid with a VL one.

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers
Steve

Attachments

• VL TURBO CAI KIT3.jpg
    VL TURBO CAI KIT3.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 144
  • VL TURBO CAI KIT1.jpg
    VL TURBO CAI KIT1.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 168
  • VL TURBO CAI KIT2.jpg
    VL TURBO CAI KIT2.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 178

MAHOOVKV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais EFI 6 now vp 5.0l and t700
Hi Mace i was wondering if i order this part (HOLDEN PERFORMANCE MEMCALS TO SUIT VN-VP V6/V8 MANUAL-AUTO) of you guys can you suit it to a vp 5l with pacemaker extractors with a 2 1/2 inch system, sv5000 cam and 9.8:1 comp and is a automatic, or are your chips pre set. Will they make a decent different on fuel economy and performance.

MACE

Reaction score
Hi Mace i was wondering if i order this part (HOLDEN PERFORMANCE MEMCALS TO SUIT VN-VP V6/V8 MANUAL-AUTO) of you guys can you suit it to a vp 5l with pacemaker extractors with a 2 1/2 inch system, sv5000 cam and 9.8:1 comp and is a automatic, or are your chips pre set. Will they make a decent different on fuel economy and performance.

Sadly we can't MAHOOVKV8. We only offer memcal to suit basic mods and our own cams. If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Kindest Regards,
Steve

04VYSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY SS
Just throwin a question out there...
I currently have a SS Inductions OTR CAI w/- K&N panel filter through to stock TB (engine internals are stock at the moment), with having my exhaust re-done (pacies / high flow cat etc..) recently would you think there would be any improvement in installing your MACE CAI (which I really like the look of) along with the MACE 70mm TB??
Any input is appreciated

NEDWOB

Reaction score
Website
ozwagons.iforums.us
Members Ride
VN WAGON
i have on my car pacies,magnaflow cat,2.5" redback system with the mace cai box and there 70mm t/b and i used to have the otr style cai and went with mace style cai and there is a better improvement with the mace one, you wont regret it and there better for stop start traffic with there heat resistant box and looks way neater in the bay