Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V8 Performance Parts

MACE

Reaction score

DanWA

Burnout.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Wagon
Hey mate can i please get a price on a memcal and cai kit suit VP V8 posted to 6225

Can one of your throttle bodies be added at a later date without needing another memcal?

MACE

Reaction score
Hi

Thanks for your enquiry:
Hey mate can i please get a price on a memcal and cai kit suit VP V8 posted to 6225

Can one of your throttle bodies be added at a later date without needing another memcal?

I'll send you a private message.

If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to ask

Kindest Regards,

Allen

Yonnee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon 6.0L
Hi guys.
My lack of A/C on my VE V8 last week lead me to discover a whole can of worms regarding genuine Holden twin pulley conversion brackets that are now obsolete, as well as faulty harmonic balancers. Firstly, I wondered how a second idler pulley could cause a belt to stay in place where a single one wouldn't, and then after I refitted the A/C belt, I discovered my balancer wobble...
I'm reading a number of various opinions regarding the under driven pulley kits from Powerbond and whether they're worth the extra money (although not that much more than a genuine replacement balancer, which has no guarantee of not wobbling either...). For a car that's stock for now (but not necessarily driven gently) but possibly a cam and exhaust package in the future, my concerns are the already fragile battery at idle (the Sportwagons only get a 6cyl. battery), so do I go for the 25% kit, the 10% U/D balancer, or the HB1117-N standard replacement?

Yonnee

Reaction score
Members Ride
Also, do you guys sell the ARP bolt to suit?

MACE

Reaction score
Hey Yonnee,

Thanks for your enquiry

"Hi guys.
My lack of A/C on my VE V8 last week lead me to discover a whole can of worms regarding genuine Holden twin pulley conversion brackets that are now obsolete, as well as faulty harmonic balancers. Firstly, I wondered how a second idler pulley could cause a belt to stay in place where a single one wouldn't, and then after I refitted the A/C belt, I discovered my balancer wobble..."

Bugger :(

"I'm reading a number of various opinions regarding the under driven pulley kits from Powerbond and whether they're worth the extra money (although not that much more than a genuine replacement balancer, which has no guarantee of not wobbling either...). For a car that's stock for now (but not necessarily driven gently) but possibly a cam and exhaust package in the future, my concerns are the already fragile battery at idle (the Sportwagons only get a 6cyl. battery), so do I go for the 25% kit, the 10% U/D balancer, or the HB1117-N standard replacement?"
Generally put, underdrive balancers from a performance aspect do help out with improving driveability, however they can also be problematic as well.

This is because if the auxiliaries which are being driven by the balancer aren't in perfect condition, these problems/deficiencies are more likely to show when an underdrive balancer is installed. For arguments sake, if your alternator is on it's way out or your battery is old, running an underdrive balancer may be enough to render them useless in their current degraded state.

Also if you live in very high temperature climates and do lots of stop start driving then I wouldn't recommend this mod with the factory cooling system

Given the information above, it should be able to help you decide which balancer to go with. For the record, I don't believe that Powerbond make a 10% underdriven balancer any more.

"Also, do you guys sell the ARP bolt to suit?"
We don't sell ARP crank balancer bolts at this point in time.

Hope this helps.

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask

Kindest Regards,
Steve

Yonnee

Reaction score
Members Ride
Steve,
Thanks for your response.
You've helped me make my decision easier.

Cheers,
Peter (Yonnee).