Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V8 Performance Parts

PWR346

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Hey nice products guys,

Im interested in the ls1 1.9 ratio rockers, but im also looking at adding a cam. If a cam is designed for high ratio rockers, will they be ok to use. The cam is Comp cams XR273HR, it only has a max lift of .53/.534, and states it likes high ratio rockers. I have calculated the max lift after the 1.9 rockers are fitted is .594. ill be adding pac performance valve springs which are rated to .625 lift. Any advice?

MACE

Reaction score
Hey nice products guys,

Im interested in the ls1 1.9 ratio rockers, but im also looking at adding a cam. If a cam is designed for high ratio rockers, will they be ok to use. The cam is Comp cams XR273HR, it only has a max lift of .53/.534, and states it likes high ratio rockers. I have calculated the max lift after the 1.9 rockers are fitted is .594. ill be adding pac performance valve springs which are rated to .625 lift. Any advice?

Hi PWR346,

Thanks for your enquiry

"Hey nice products guys,"
Thank you.

"Im interested in the ls1 1.9 ratio rockers, but im also looking at adding a cam. If a cam is designed for high ratio rockers, will they be ok to use. The cam is Comp cams XR273HR, it only has a max lift of .53/.534, and states it likes high ratio rockers. I have calculated the max lift after the 1.9 rockers are fitted is .594. ill be adding pac performance valve springs which are rated to .625 lift. Any advice?"
Given you have an LS1, adding our rockers to a cam specifically designed to run with them along with appropriately rated valve springs won't be an issue. Given the combination of components you've suggested, they'll all reliably work well together.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask

Kindest Regards,
Steve

MACE

Reaction score
Hi DanWA,

Thank you for your enquiry:

It doesn't unfortunately.

Don't suppose there is an airbox style setup like ive bought off you for my vp v8 and vp v6?
We do have an intake style of kit to suit as shown in the link below.

COLD AIR INTAKE TO SUIT HOLDEN VT-VY LS1 V8 MAFless - Mace Engineering Group

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask

Kindest Regards,
Steve

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Hey mate,

The stock CAI use a 3" filter.

You're probably better off just buying the enclosure without the pod filter and then buy your own 4" pod filter and some ducting to suit.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Thanks mate.
I will have to get some ducting and custom make it to fit.
Still up in the air as to whether to stick with the VCM OTR, or go for the Mace CAI.
Although, as they say in the classics....A change is as good as a holiday.

MACE

Reaction score
Hey nice products guys,"
Thank you!

"Im interested in the ls1 1.9 ratio rockers, but im also looking at adding a cam. If a cam is designed for high ratio rockers, will they be ok to use. The cam is Comp cams XR273HR, it only has a max lift of .53/.534, and states it likes high ratio rockers. I have calculated the max lift after the 1.9 rockers are fitted is .594. ill be adding pac performance valve springs which are rated to .625 lift. Any advice?"

After doing a bit of research it seems as though that cam is compatible with high ratio rockers. This is stated in the following link:

http://www.sho-mespeed.com/index.ph...224-lift-530-534-lsa-112/category_pathway-718

I did also notice this thread in the commodore forum which is right down your ally:

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...ication/223998-ls1-1-9-rockers-small-cam.html

It seems as though, as long the PAC springs have a max lift of .625 and not a coil bind height of .625, then the set-up you've just mentioned should work a treat.

--
If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kindest Regards,
Simon

MACE

Reaction score