Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V8 Power Drops

Discussion in 'VN - VP Holden Commodore (1988 - 1993)' started by neo, Aug 5, 2006.

1. neo

neo New Member

Members Ride:
    VY_SS_Black
    Hi guys,
    I have a VL and have put in the VN 5L last year. It has been great to drive but lately when "cruising" it seems to miss a beat and starts to roo hop. I have already replace the ignition module and distributor, rotor, all leads, belts and hoses. So far it is a stock V8. The local mechanic love the car but has no ideas. Anyone had this problem - and what is it???? Also - I converted it to a T5 - does the computer need to changed too - most people say no - so I have no idea. ANY help appreciated. Thanks
    Neo

2. greenfoam

greenfoam New Member

Members Ride:
    VP Executive R-spec
    Sounds like it will be running lean, pump, injectors, filter, blocked lines, regulator. I dunno! but start checking all that stuff, also does the engine light come on, do you even have one: )?

3. neo

neo New Member

Members Ride:
    VY_SS_Black
    Hey Greenfoam,
    I have regularly replaced air/fuel filters. This mild roo-hop happens only when cruising, not idling. It got really bad, then was fine for 6 months and has just slightly started again - not too bad though. I treat it with injector cleaner often too, it has been pressure tested when first put in - allwas fine.
    Do you know about the computer - can this be it?

4. greenfoam

greenfoam New Member

Members Ride:
    VP Executive R-spec
    Well it could be anything really but it sounded like surging from running lean on fuel