Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V8 Rear Muffler on a V6 Omega

vykeith

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina 2007
bigfut Re; Part Numbers

I think your part number 92108015 maybe for the panel on a VY (or VZ) not VE.
I picked that panel # up today and thats what it was, curious.
I could be wrong but...........
Regards
Keith.

bigfut

Ve Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Omega
Just had a look again, it looks as though they got it wrong, they have since updated the website. New part no is 92173744

vykeith

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina 2007
Thanks bigfut.
Everything else appears OK.
I'm not sure what part # the dealer has ordered now so I can't check it against your info. I guess I'll find out when it comes in.
Thanks for the part numbers it helps a lot when the parts person is not very interested.
Regards Keith.

vykeith

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina 2007
Changing Rear Bumper Trim

Just picked up the SS rear bumper trim with the twin exhaust cutout (part # 92173744 as previously mentioned).
BUT-Bugger the trim will not fit the Omega bumper.
The SS bumper must be just a slightly different shape.
Is the SV6 bumper the same as the SS ??
Therefore will the SV6 trim fit the Omega Bumper??

H-E-L-P.

Regards
Keith.

bigfut

Ve Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Omega
Not too sure on that one, according to Holmart on the page with the exhaust upgrade it says it is just a replacement. What exactly isnt fitting? Is it easily fixed with a few modifications? I have seen it done, so must be possible some how. I guess the sv6 one will be the same, as to my knowledge the sv6 and ss/ssv share the same bumper.

vykeith

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina 2007
The tabs on the SS trim are in different places to the Omega.
The lower row of tabs on the SS trim cannot match the Omega bar because the Omega bar is not as wide (high?) as the SS bar.
I actually modified a slot in the Omega bar to match the SS trim and pushed it on temporarily but it looks as though the curve of the bumper is slightly different.
I have since spoken to a spares dept that knows how to use the system and actually wanted to help the customer and they said that the SS trim is the same as the SV6 trim.
So it almost looks like the only way around it is to cut the second hole in the Omega trim.
Regards Keith.

bigfut

Ve Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Omega
or maybe if you're lucky enough to find an sv6/ss rear bar in the same colour as yours that could work?

If you end up getting the omega part cut to shape, can you post a pic? This is on my to do list, so wouldnt mind seeing how it looks cut to fit.

vykeith

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina 2007
OK Done.
With determination a Dremel and a hand full of screws it fits!
I made the slots a bit longer in the Omega bar because they do not line up with the SS trim. This may not be absolutely necessary but it looked like it had to be done.
The trim can be screwed onto the Omega bar by driving black mushroom head screws vertically up into the bar. This way they cannot be seen unless you are the unlucky pedestrian being run over. (you can only see them from under the bar looking up).
The two original hex head plastic screws, one at each end of the bar, can then be put back in, as can the three plastic plugs up into the boot floor.
You do need to put a couple of small headed self tappers vertically behind the reflectors as the trim wants to pull down there when you pull the bottom of the trim up when replacing the hex head plastic screws in the ends of the trim/bar.
It sounds dodgy but I am quite happy with the end result-and I don't accept dodgy looking jobs. I'll take some happy snaps and post them as soon as I can.
A note on the bright side also is that if it all all turns to 5h1t you can just put the Omega trim back on.
It is a bit hard to explain here so if I can help just ask.
Regards Keith.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Sounds good vykieth. Chuck up some pics cos my dad is wanting to do this as well.

vykeith

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Lumina 2007
Pictures as promised.

P1010104.jpg

P1010103.jpg

Hope this helps anyone interested in doing the mod.
Give me a yell if I can help.
Regards
Keith.