Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V8 running lean

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Im with RJK id say that since you're not having any issue once you unplug the sensor that the tune is probably not the problem.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
If it throws a high map code it will run bad tps could be bad it shares the same earth as the map sensor too check the earth points and check the tps voltage output with the ignition on and engine not running should be 0.5v or close to it closed throttle and 4v+ at full throttle and gain volts smoothly through its travel .if its been fitted wrong it will have a big dead spot down low where volts won't change until the throttle is far enough open for it to start reading will cause the map high error code cause the ecu thinks it's idling but map says it's not

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Here you are. Ignore the diagram that only shows six cylinders.

Attachments

• DTC33 V8 PCM.pdf
    215.9 KB · Views: 257
  • DTC44 V8 PCM.pdf
    249.6 KB · Views: 241

Walkers Bay

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore
Here you are. Ignore the diagram that only shows six cylinders.

Thank you I'll work that through this morning.

Im with RJK id say that since you're not having any issue once you unplug the sensor that the tune is probably not the problem.

The temp sensor itself tests fine.
I thought maybe the closed loop was a bad tune.
U need the Vats removed off my other memcal so it will run in this car.
Thank you everyone who spelled it for me

If it throws a high map code it will run bad tps could be bad it shares the same earth as the map sensor too check the earth points and check the tps voltage output with the ignition on and engine not running should be 0.5v or close to it closed throttle and 4v+ at full throttle and gain volts smoothly through its travel .if its been fitted wrong it will have a big dead spot down low where volts won't change until the throttle is far enough open for it to start reading will cause the map high error code cause the ecu thinks it's idling but map says it's not

Now that's a theory I will pursue today.
If I can I'll get a video of it doing it, if I don't fix it first

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
I thought maybe the closed loop was a bad tune.
U need the Vats removed off my other memcal so it will run in this car.

What's the other memcal from?

Basically the tune can't change by itself in the car, it's physically burnt into the memcal EPROM (i.e. read only to the ECU) which is the other reason I doubt it's a tune issue.

Walkers Bay

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore
What's the other memcal from?

Basically the tune can't change by itself in the car, it's physically burnt into the memcal EPROM (i.e. read only to the ECU) which is the other reason I doubt it's a tune issue.
I can't guarantee it's not one of 'Ebay's finest..
The other memcal is an hsv 185 with a knock board and I'm putting the sensor on.

Walkers Bay

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore
UPDATE....

Thank you so much for your time and input.
I have tested every possible sensor and combo of that I could find a multimeter setting for.
My wife finally figured it out with some bouncing theories back and forward. And running a multimeter over the o2 sensor driving.

I drained off the fuel and filled it back up with fresh 95 (best I can get here) and it's not 100% but its drivability is back.

Argh!!! Fuel

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
If it's a contaminated fuel problem (probably by water) just put in 0.5 litres of methylated spirits to absorb any water and allow it burn off safely in the engine.