Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V8 Supercars 2014

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
For once I'm actual really looking forward to this years V8 Supercars season. Heaps of positive changes in the offseason such as Mostert to FPR, GRM running Volvo and retaining Scotty McLaughlin, Russell to a lower budget team and drivers/teams like Couthard, Reynolds and BOC showing some real form.

As much as I like Lowndes and Whincup hopefully we'll see a heap of different winners this year.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
For the first time in a long time my enthusiasm for the series is waning with the complete loss of holden and ford in the domestic market this series is on it's last legs.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Brilliant effort by Scott McLaughlin yesterday to initially hold off Whincup and then to capitalise on his mistake to take second. Hopefully he can steer the Volvo to big things this year, I think he's a real chance at a top 5 championship finish.

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Gong to try to watch the race today but I've lost a lot of love for the sport over the last few years. I still think it should go back to the days where you drive what ever the hell you want.

Mk2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais S2
The last three or four corners of the second race were great. Love to see a race down to the wire like that and I didn't even care that Craig Lowndes came first, it was all about the fight for second place. Go Volvo!

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Have to admit that my interest is higher than I thought it would be. Those Volvo's look great (another thing I never ever thought I'd say!)

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
Gong to try to watch the race today but I've lost a lot of love for the sport over the last few years. I still think it should go back to the days where you drive what ever the hell you want.

I also had lost the love over the last few years, which I bring down to Wincup winning all the time - yeah yeah, he's a good driver with a great team but surely he's getting bored....he needs to move on to something else imo

Pretty funny Scott mc got away with sayin f**k yea on live TV thought they had a slight delay for that reason

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Yer I saw that.. Pretty funny really.. All the cars look the same when it's holden/ford.. Good to see more car makers coming to the scene now.. Hope chrysler join soon :)

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
As I mentioned a few days ago I lost the urge to take in much of the V8 Supercars recently, but I did catch that really great looking blue VOLVO yesterday. I'm quite impressed if I may say so. Good on you Scott.
I'm going to take a look see later on today to see what makes the podium.
As far as the F bomb............Who really gives an F? EVERYBODY used that F word now in normal conversation, male, female, young or old. Good on you Scott.