Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V8 Supercars 2015

Decicrate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67
I do feel sorry for those who don't have Foxtel and just to have it for one form of motorsport is a bit rich.

But I do have to say I will be looking forward to watching the racing in full HD.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
yeah it sucks
I don't watch ANY sports apart from V8SC and any other local tin top racing that occasionally gets some air time eg Touring Car Masters, Improved Production
So I can justify paying $50 for sports channels and a bunch of cheap crap US tv series....

I can't just watch highlights of a race...
Final nail in coffin for me when it comes to V8SC.
I wish someone would take the opportunity to fill the void by broadcasting on free to air (maybe one of the lesser channels could pick it up eg TV4ME etc) some local series like the Qld & Vic Touring Car series. They **** on V8SC anyway

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
I do feel sorry for those who don't have Foxtel and just to have it for one form of motorsport is a bit rich.

But I do have to say I will be looking forward to watching the racing in full HD.

I dont know how much of a selling point V8SC would be just for Foxtel, i feel I would sooner stop watching then get it. But Im much more of a casual watcher.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
I'm watching the GT series practice at the moment and noticed there's a Camaro racing around. Maybe Holden should keep an eye on it for 2017. It looks awesome.

camaro-agtc-e1424865432999.png

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Day 1 of the Clipsal 500 done and it had a few moments. Scotty in the Volvo with issues before the start if the first race, jumping the start in the second and getting penalised twice for it. For me the stand out drive was Ash Walsh picking up 8th in Race 2 for Erebus. I know it doesn't sound like much of an achievement but considering its his debut weekend and at a very tough track I think he deserves a lot of credit.

One thing I noticed with the Foxtel coverage (I can't speak for 10, I didn't watch it so I don't know if they show the same picture) is that there was next to no coverage of the back markers. I hardly saw Percat, Blanchard, Ambrose or Wall on track and a few other guys only got tv time when they were involved in sort sort of an altercation.

Hopefully I'll be home from work in time tomorrow for Race 3.

monkey

Donating Member
Reaction score
Congratulations to Courtney, Van Gisbergen and Tander, especially VG for redressing and such a good fight. Commiserations to Mostert, Whincup nota so good move.

Great weekend of motor racing, loved the variety, have to get the lad there next year I reckon.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
For those bitching about paying to view their motor racing - that's entirely your prerogative however I was very plesently surprised to find full coverage of TCM which is very much my favourite category of racing these days. From what I gather, pretty much every category on the card got full coverage which is unheard of on FTA TV.

V8Clipsal0115-08292.JPG

V8Clipsal0115-08477.JPG

V8Clipsal0115-05645.JPG

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
I'm watching the GT series practice at the moment and noticed there's a Camaro racing around. Maybe Holden should keep an eye on it for 2017. It looks awesome.

isn't there 2 of them?
#71?

monkey

Donating Member
Reaction score
For those bitching about paying to view their motor racing - that's entirely your prerogative however I was very plesently surprised to find full coverage of TCM which is very much my favourite category of racing these days. From what I gather, pretty much every category on the card got full coverage which is unheard of on FTA TV.

TCM is my pet favorite, pity about the torrys rim breaking off. 6.5hrs not bad free to air coverage.
Edit: sorry NZ

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
TCMs are epic. Message to V8 admin. is people like to see different looking cars.

Very generous 'redress' by Van Gisbergen. I don't think he actually needed to do that.