Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V8 Supercars 2015

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
V8SC doesn't have anywhere near the following as football, it's a minority sport that really can't afford to lose viewers. Football can afford to lose a lot more viewers than V8SC. And there is so much football on FTA anyway, virtually 7 days a week, then there's show about football, and shows about shows about football. Even Sunrise in the morning talks about football most of the show during the season. And I don't mind if the V8SC isn't live, if it's there's a few hours delay fine. As long as it's full coverage.

The thing is, if you are a big sports fan and/or watch football, Foxtel would be worth it. You get value for money
But for people like myself, I'm only interested in local touring car racing. I don't watch football, cricket, golf, NASCAR, F1
So to pay $50 per month just to watch a round or maybe 2 of motor racing per month, is very difficult to justify

I'd even opt for paying per view. If Foxtel offered streaming video, for example, I'd be prepared to pay $10 for the day or $20 for the weekend to watch the race.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
People whinged when it was packed full of ads and wasn't 100% live. Don't forget, those ads paid to keep it on free to air TV. Now the viewers are paying through Foxtel and everyone is whinging. Can't fking win!

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
No V8SC related but is Motor Sports and Telly related...

In the USA, NASCAR is now televised via Fox Sports 1 and is a premium channel. Not paying for that. I believe the reason of the premium channels on our Cable TV is to have the "Box" that reports to the mothership will all sorts of statistics; a way of mining data to sell it to advertisers.

Anyway, NASCAR in the USA has a huge "Blue Collar" audience and they are cheapskates. I can afford it, but, no TV show is worth the extra coin.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
People whinged when it was packed full of ads and wasn't 100% live. Don't forget, those ads paid to keep it on free to air TV. Now the viewers are paying through Foxtel and everyone is whinging. Can't fking win!

everyone whinges about ads on FTA - it's not exclusive to V8SC
of course no one is going to be happy about ads every 5 minutes, but it's a better alternative to an hour of highlights with ads
I don't recall anyone complaining about it not being 100% live though. I certainly never had an issue with that.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
everyone whinges about ads on FTA - it's not exclusive to V8SC
of course no one is going to be happy about ads every 5 minutes, but it's a better alternative to an hour of highlights with ads
I don't recall anyone complaining about it not being 100% live though. I certainly never had an issue with that.

I don't recall any specifically in this thread however have seen plenty else where.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline

I didn't whinge, you are willing to accept ads on FTA to an extent.

mantaray56

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 Z
Channel 10 highlights of ads with a few moments of V8 supercars is pathetic. Channel 7 could teach them a lot. Foxtel should have never been allowed to have sole access, it should have been a protected sport like cricket or footy.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
Not after being spoilt by Foxtels ad free coverage, no way in hell is go back to watching V8s with ads.

I don't think anyone is denying the coverage on Foxtel easily surpasses any FTA coverage, past & present.
Not everyone can justify or afford the privilege and are willing to put up with the ads in order to get the full race (minus the ads) on FTA