Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V8 Supercars - Phillip Island 400 Trip

Killswitch

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL HSV Grange
Hi guys,

Some mates and I are planning to make the trip (from Perth) to Phillip Island 400 for my bucks, and just wondering if anyone here has spent the weekend there camping in previous years.

I have done the MotoGP there camping, but the event was a lot bigger than what the V8s appear to be.

We plan to fly over on the Thursday, pick up a big Camper RV, drive it to Phillip Island and stay at the Caravan Park there. Then Friday 5am line up at the circuit gate. Get prime camp spot and then just had a tops weekend. Then drive back to Melbourne on the Monday morning, just on the plane and head home.

Some questions for those who have been.
- Have you camped there before? Can you see the circuit from the campsite?
- Was there a massive line the day the gates opened for campsites (like the MotoGP)?
- Are the only 2 grandstands worth buying tickets for? Can you to the right of the straight or does the bridge over block the view.
- Would you do it again? :)

Cheers!

Ed

Reaction score
Website
www.hrt.com.au
Members Ride
TDV8 Landcruiser
- Have you camped there before? Can you see the circuit from the campsite?
No, but i'm 99% certain the campsite (if it's even open as the crowds are generally crap) are about 50-100m off the main straight

- Was there a massive line the day the gates opened for campsites (like the MotoGP)?
Doubt it, crowds are crap

- Are the only 2 grandstands worth buying tickets for? Can you to the right of the straight or does the bridge over block the view.
I'd probably go and sit near lukey heights where you can see them approach from the hay shed then disappear over the hill

- Would you do it again?
Depends on weather, but for a bucks it would be awesome.

Ed

Reaction score
Website
www.hrt.com.au
Members Ride
TDV8 Landcruiser
Thanks Ed, I took the plunge, flights are booked.

Look, your not going to have a crap weekend, but if you want massive nights at the track it will most likely just be you and your mates, otherwise better off camping in town at cowes