Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V8 Supercars

SJM38S

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Calais L67
Altima is the replacement for maxima being released this year, pulsar is called pulsar and is out now...
Unfortunately will use the same front wheel drive V6 the maxima has, not a patrol v8 and rear drive.

GKW

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SSV & 1999 VT SS SII
Watched the racing today out of interest to see how the Nissan and Merc's would fair....no surprise, not really on the pace but I suspect by mid season, they'll start to get their set-up's right.

One thing that annoyed the hell out of me was the incessant whine the cars threw out when downshifting when the in-car camera and mic was on. Didn't seem that loud or that type of noise in the prior gen of V8's.....I suspect it's due to the engine set-up and new tranaxle used?? Thoughts anyone.

mattyh83

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV
I went on saturday, first thing you notice is the different sound from the mercs and nissans. Its not a massive difference but they are slightly more high pitch and they dont "pop" through gear changes.

A visual difference, i do like the LED tail lights and the mercs interior is friggen sexy.

Im sure the Koreans or even the yanks will put a car in within the next few years.

Side not: it was actually quiet interesting to watch stoner go round, pretty sure he gained 6-7 places during the race.

Took this photo on the day as well
uploadfromtaptalk1362310191728.jpg

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Watched the racing today out of interest to see how the Nissan and Merc's would fair....no surprise, not really on the pace but I suspect by mid season, they'll start to get their set-up's right.

One thing that annoyed the hell out of me was the incessant whine the cars threw out when downshifting when the in-car camera and mic was on. Didn't seem that loud or that type of noise in the prior gen of V8's.....I suspect it's due to the engine set-up and new tranaxle used?? Thoughts anyone.

I heard that in the Jack Daniels Nissan and was like Whoa wtf?

Then heard the same noise in all of the other V8s. Sounds weird.

benjo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS S2 Thunder Ute
What a fantastic weekend of racing, The commentary is awesome i love how they are so close to the action almost a little to close at times.

Greggles_VS

The Noob
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6 Ecotec
Still think the vf is too similar in looks to the ve overall. Yes you'll all hound me and tell me I'm wrong, but its true. The vl is the only stand alone model in my opinion. Vb-vk similar vn-vp similar vr-vs similar vt-vx similar vy-vz similar ve-vf similar. Come on I love holdens but redesign the looks not mimic it then redesign.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Still think the vf is too similar in looks to the ve overall. Yes you'll all hound me and tell me I'm wrong, but its true. The vl is the only stand alone model in my opinion. Vb-vk similar vn-vp similar vr-vs similar vt-vx similar vy-vz similar ve-vf similar. Come on I love holdens but redesign the looks not mimic it then redesign.

VE and VF are the only australian designed cars.
And it not a different named car they are making, its a update to a existing model sold prior.
Every manufacturer does it mate.

If you feel as though it should be more different, then go ahead and design one

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
I think the whine that you can hear in the in car camera may be from the engine sitting 100mm closer to the firewall so you would get more sound transmitted through. Other than that the only thing i could think of was a change to the in car cameras that have made them more sensitive to that sound. Hopefully they will get it sorted for the next round

djdomohudson

Mad frogs
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Sedan / VE International Sportwagon
Pretty sure its channel 7, I think channel 10 may do the Melbourne Grand Prix which is not a championship race

On Friday and Saturday I was pretty sure I put in channel ten... could be mistaken

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
I'm really interested to see where SBRs legal action against Giz will go. SvG is clearly in breach of his 1 year no race clause after his early release from SBR. Given his form on the weekend I wouldn't be surprised if they took steps to prevent him from racing.