Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V8 Supercars

JRNZER

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hyundai i30 N-Line
I'm really interested to see where SBRs legal action against Giz will go. SvG is clearly in breach of his 1 year no race clause after his early release from SBR. Given his form on the weekend I wouldn't be surprised if they took steps to prevent him from racing.

Surely his new team would have sorted all that out before the first race, Well you would hope so.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
Somehow I think SBR arent going to do much about it really. They have nothing to gain really by having him sit out for a year other than getting a negative image by taking him to court and so forth. Probably be worth more to them to maintain a nice guy image for sponsors than to go chasing someone who didnt want to race in your team anymore.

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
I'm really interested to see where SBRs legal action against Giz will go. SvG is clearly in breach of his 1 year no race clause after his early release from SBR. Given his form on the weekend I wouldn't be surprised if they took steps to prevent him from racing.

I don't think "SBR" will have a leg to stand on given that technically SBR don't exist anymore. That team is now Erebus motorsport. His breach of contract would be with SBR, not Erebus.

Personally, i really think he made a wise decision to jump ship (albeit not the best way to go about it) when he did. Just look at where he finished in relation to the Mercedes cars, he won the race and they all brought up the rear. Lets face it, no race car driver wants to finish down the back of the field, they all want to win.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
Personally, i really think he made a wise decision to jump ship (albeit not the best way to go about it) when he did. Just look at where he finished in relation to the Mercedes cars, he won the race and they all brought up the rear. Lets face it, no race car driver wants to finish down the back of the field, they all want to win.

From what I read he was sick of racing. Whether that was due to the car or the team I dont know. Then the boss of Tekno had a few chats with him in the off season and bingo he was back.

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
I really don't think he was sick of racing, I think he just didn't like the direction the team was heading in. My opinion is that he would have stayed with the team if it remained SBR and he was still racing for Ross and Jim Stone, but he didn't like that he would be racing for Erebus and in particular Betty Klimenco. Also, i think he knew that the Mercedes wouldn't hit the ground running and that it would take a season or two to get them up to speed and somewhere near the front (if they ever make it to the front). The "personal reasons" was purely a scapegoat to get out of the team.

Obviously, i have no idea what really happened, that's just my opinion.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
. Also, i think he knew that the Mercedes wouldn't hit the ground running and that it would take a season or two to get them up to speed and somewhere near the front (if they ever make it to the front). The "personal reasons" was purely a scapegoat to get out of the tea.

Thats pretty much it. He didnt want to spend atleast one season "testing" a car bringing up the rear hoping that in a year or even two years time the team would be competitive.

Personal reasons wouldve been the easy way to get out.

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
To be honest as if you wouldnt want to be in a red bull built commodore at the moment.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
I don't think "SBR" will have a leg to stand on given that technically SBR don't exist anymore. That team is now Erebus motorsport. His breach of contract would be with SBR, not Erebus.

I never actually thought of it that way, that's a really good point to make

I absolutely agree. He's hot property and consistently up in the top 5 and his talent would only go to waste with a new team with an unproven car. I think it'll be only a matter of 2 or 3 years and Giz will be wearing number 1 on his car. He obviously saw this which is likely why he jumped ship.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Final "commodore" livery for 2021, sad to see no Holden, but Daimler Trucks made it on o_O