Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

( V8 ) Supercars

King Brown

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CalaisV Series2 6.2 Sportswagon
Have always been told that ZBs cannot fit V8s

What are the Supercars running ….. 5 litre ?

( Currently watching Bathurst …. ZBs look great )

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Those race cars have nothing in common with the road car. The race car is a full tube chassis car with body panels fitted to it. Put the race car next to a road car and you'll start to see the differences.

I really don't see the appeal of the ZB as a racer, TBH (and I don't believe I'm saying this) the Mustang probably looks better. Holden missed a trick not bringing over the Camaro as the new Holden race model.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
Those race cars have nothing in common with the road car. The race car is a full tube chassis car with body panels fitted to it. Put the race car next to a road car and you'll start to see the differences.

I really don't see the appeal of the ZB as a racer, TBH (and I don't believe I'm saying this) the Mustang probably looks better. Holden missed a trick not bringing over the Camaro as the new Holden race model.
You saying ‘Mustang probably looks better’ than the ZB racer?? Beauty definitely in the eye of the beholder...
Mustang road car = absolutely fantastic
ZB supercar & ZB Road car come next
Mustang supercar = absolutely butchered & horrid
(Yes I know that in order to meet regs there was no choice with what they have done to the Mustang and a Camaro supercar would probably look just as bad).

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I have to say I think both versions of the Mustang look horrible. Like they were designed in 15 minutes by low cost engineers using an old apple IIe computer!

Whiteshark68

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series II

From what i read awhile ago they didn't bring in the camaro as the new supercar because the supercar chassis is narrower than the road car and made the camaro look horrible according to someone from GM

arsevee

Reaction score
Members Ride
RS-V Sportwagon
I have to say I think both versions of the Mustang look horrible. Like they were designed in 15 minutes by low cost engineers using an old apple IIe computer!

I still have my old Apple IIe... :)

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
From what i read awhile ago they didn't bring in the camaro as the new supercar because the supercar chassis is narrower than the road car and made the camaro look horrible according to someone from GM
Not sure if they would have been worried about the way the Camaro looked if everything else added up but yes they would have had to mangle its sleek design also because of the roll cage.
Surely the roll cage specs can be altered to come up with something just as safe without having to substantially change the shape of the chassis from the original. How do they make a roll cage fit for a Lambo for example?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I agree, in general the Mustang isn't all that and yes the race car is probably worse than the road version. To me what really kills the race cars is those horrid rear wings. Still don't think much of the ZB as a race car, the VE/VF looked much more manly.