Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V8 suspension in a V6

Silver_VS_II

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore series II
hey,
ive been searching around and ive found some guy selling the right lowering stuff i need and he lives in the same town as me. only problem is his front springs are for a V8 and i own a V6, anyway i was wondering if they would work okay, i was told to go a step higher in the front and i figured if these springs are SL in ass and SL V8 in front, due to the spring not receiving as much pressure from the size of my motor, it would sit up a tad more, keeping it even?

im really keen on buying this and being so easy to get is perfect, can someone please give me some advice. cheers.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Spring rates will be too stiff at the front. Rears should be fine.

Reaper

Silver_VS_II

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore series II
okay i see, what will this do to my car, will it feel bouncy in the front and not soft and cuddly (lol)?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Front end will be stiff and the rear will be soft which will tend to "push" and understeer thru corners. Won't turn in as well and tend to run wide on apexes.

Reaper

Silver_VS_II

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore series II
i see well its cheap, ill buy it and then sell the fronts, buy the proper fronts suppose ill need lows for front now and not super lows, because then it wont sit as well... dang wanted ultras in back supers in front

S2_VR_

Reaction score
Members Ride
03' M6 VY SS ute
Hey mate have a look in my albums on here at my wagon......im running pedders 2275 springs (IN THE FRONT)....(lowest you can get from pedders)...they are v8 springs.....they look shmick......and it handles like a dream since putting them in......i' say go for it and install them

stilll waiting for rear springs

Last edited: