Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vacum hose

kezvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 commodors wagon
the vacum hose from under the intake to the back of the motor keeps coming off i have put a new hose on what keeps making this come off

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
I'd say that it's just a tad loose on the connection point. I had much the same issue with the manifold to throttle body L shape hose and had that come off rather regularly. I ended up putting a very small cable tie around the joint and it's never come off again.

I gather you are referring to the hose that goes to the EGR component that's mounted at the rear of the drivers side cylinder head ?

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Those really small diameter rubber lines are way too small for clamps thus why they were originally just a slide on fitment, thus those really tiny Electronics cable ties are perfect for these applications, especially on aged hoses.

Last edited:

Utel67

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs s3 ute
You can use silicone vacuum hose of the same diameter it doesn't fall off like rubber hoses.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Was about to suggest this. Silicone tube can be sourced from a few places. Even pond shops because they are used for pumps in ponds and fish tanks too.

Maybe a cable tie on the end to be sure.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
https://www.googleadservices.com/pa...i-yKGwudPmAhXG6XMBHbPyDE8Q9aACegQIDRAz&adurl=
45621_1_564x.jpg

kezvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 commodors wagon
Those really small diameter rubber lines are way too small for clamps thus why they were originally just a slide on fitment, thus those really tiny Electronics cable ties are perfect for these applications.
thanks mate