Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vacuum drama !!

voodoo VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
Vacuum drama !!

Something is up the **** with my L67 it was running well, if you don’t know I have only just installed the engine, it was running really well, could not fault it when I first got it driving. had gearbox trouble but that is now sorted. but something has gone to ****.

I have checked all the vacuum lines running off the charger. Replaced broken ends and everything seems to be good there now.

On the back left hand head is what I believe to be SC bypass solenoid, there are too ports on the right side, bottom running to black release valve on chager, and the top one seemed to have some sort of filter like thing with a clip on it, but it has broken down too much for me to tell. Now the port has nothing but the clip on it.

Dose anyone know what this port is and if it’s a pressure release and need to be open or need to be blocked off. And if this may be my troble??

The car is now idling a little rough and on the drive if too much power comes on like bugger all, it brakes down if I need the torque to clime a hill dropping into 2nd the revs come up and she seems fine.

??

voodoo VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
lots of feed back on this topic, :)

i have changed the coil packs and that has sorted the engine out, bit of rooting around to work it out buts its running well now.