Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vacuum hose on throttle body.

Jackos94

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz crewman
Hey guys on my ecotec the vacuum hose that connects under the throttle body has a screw in the end of the hose it doesn’t connect to anything, my car is on lpg and petrol for some reason it doesn’t run well on petrol I thought idles high and misses, thought this might be it

Jackos94

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz crewman
I’ve just found a 3 way split vacuum hose behind the throttle body with only 2 hoses attached to it the missing one has a lot of black **** around it.

Jackos94

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz crewman
Okay so the hose I’m talking about is emission control hose it has a screw in the end of it and isn’t leading to anything I’m assuming I should take the screw out and connect it to something but where does it go?

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Can you throw up a pic. There should only be 2 hoses in the throttle body.
Smaller hose goes to the solenoid at the back is the driver side head.
Larger outlet goes to a runner of the lower intake.

Jackos94

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz crewman
Can you throw up a pic. There should only be 2 hoses in the throttle body.
Smaller hose goes to the solenoid at the back is the driver side head.
Larger outlet goes to a runner of the lower intake.
I’ll get one in the morning I’m assuming the throttle bottle is the device with the throttle cables attached to it on the air intake, directly at the bottom of it is the vacuum hose, it’s a 5cm hose with a right angle on it and a screw blocking the end off.

VPRob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP executive sedan V6
On the VP that hose could be the one that operates the fuel pressure regulator going by your description. Is that a possibility? I don't know that sort of detail on the ecotec. What model holden are we discussing here? The OP"s profile only mentions a VZ crewman

Jackos94

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz crewman
On the VP that hose could be the one that operates the fuel pressure regulator going by your description. Is that a possibility? I don't know that sort of detail on the ecotec. What model holden are we discussing here? The OP"s profile only mentions a VZ crewman
My apologies it’s a 94 vs Ute.

Mookie01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS commodore executive series 2
No you are wrong it does not do anything to make the car idle , what you most likely need to do is clean the throttle body out , common and largely ignored by people , the other thing is Spark plugs Cars that run on LPG require LPG spark plugs without the correct spark plugs that are designed for LPG the car will run like crap possibly even backfire

jeepster

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Ute
Some have the hose disconnected from the throttle body and connected to the LPG mixer instead. You may have a dodgy installation.

Jackos94

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz crewman
Some have the hose disconnected from the throttle body and connected to the LPG mixer instead. You may have a dodgy installation.
By the sounds of it, it is supposed to be connected to the lpg mixer but has not been done.