Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vacuum Hose

N_Mitch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
Hi all,

I have been having problems with my aircon only working on my feet, but couldn't find the problem - even after dismantling half of the dash. I decided to follow all the vacuum hoses and found one that ended up under the air intake that was not connected to anything. The hose had a broken plastic sleeve still in it, so I looked for where it could have come from. Just near this hose is a black, plastic sphere which feels like it did have a pipe coming out of it near the top - is this where the vacuum hose should be connected to?

What is this sphere for?

BTW, once this hose was blocked off, I could again change the air to face and screen settings!

Thanks,

Mitch

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
That sounds like your radiator overflow hose to me.
The vacuumn hose is located around your throttle body (top of the engine)

Doesnt have anything to do with the aircon either.

N_Mitch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
No, it's not the radiator overflow hose. I followed this hose from behind the throttle body. A vacuum hose comes from the engine side of the throttle body and then splits into two on the firewall. One side goes into the firewall to the climate control area, and the other one goes right around the passenger side of the engine bay and ends up underneath the front of the car.

Regards,

Mitch

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
that is the vacuam resivour for the dash controls under the front of the car the hose goes into it it must of snapped off.