Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vacuum hoses for VS Commodore

noizwerx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Exec
Hey guys,

Having a drama with my vent controls. When I accelerate, the air vents switch from the dash to the feet vents. Any ideas?

hsvpgts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II V6 Berlina
If the car is a VS Exec or similar with manual heating/air con then behind the switch that changes modes is a vacuum switch which connects all heater and a/c vac lines into one. When the switch poops it self it will change the heater direction whilst accelerating. New switch and probs gone. Need to pull some dash trims off to replace.

noizwerx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Exec
It's only been since I picked the car up from the panel beaters yesterday. Had to hook the vacuum feed up to the tank under the passenger guard because the vent control didn't even work

NeilB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Caprice
When you hooked the Vacuum up did you notice a small valve in the line, This valve is a 1 way valve and if you blow through it the end that you can blow through pionts away from the heater vacuum hose. I just done a conversion and put this valve in backwards and the heater only blew on my feet, turned her around and bingo easiest fix of the decade.

noizwerx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Exec
How many hoses should be coming from the vacuum ball? And were exactly is the valve supposed to be?

NeilB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Caprice
The hose has a T in it 1 of the hoses goes to the Auto Dip stick (Ithink) and the other goes to the heater. It's in the engine bay at the back of the motor in the middle. The main vacuum hose seems to come from the back left of the engine block. The valve is white on 1 side and black on the other.

noizwerx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Exec
Neil,

Got the new valve today, put it in, and everythings sweet. Thanks for you help