Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

valiant charger;)

Shaundy

BMW Technician Apprentice
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2 BT1
Awesome project car mate. I admire your'e determination in getting her all finished. There ain't nothing like an XU-1 Torana or an E49 Charger when comes to sticking it to the V8s - Hey Charger!

inocnt vn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Calais 5ltr, Vg ute,
Hey hows it going, still working hard I hope.
Been doing a bit of work on my road charger lately cause the cops defected it for tyres and a frayed seatbelt:cry:
Just thought I would send you a pic or two just to prove I'm not a one eyed val nut.Thats my road charger and the clubby is the better halves daily.
Beautiful car to drive and its just clocked up 145,000k's.
100_2995.jpg

100_3017.jpg

All the best and keep up the good work,somebodies gotta save them old vals and it looks like we're it:D
Cheers Mark

have ya seen the old red alvin purple charger getting around??

makakycs

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VS Clubsport
If its driving around in Port Augusta South Australia , no. ;)

radarak47

I lean to the right
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Acclaim
Love the chargers mate,

My uncle had an original E38 R/T bathhurst special. He always tells the story of how the thing wouldn't pull up when he first got it. A call to the Valiant rep reveilled his didn't get fitted with the big brakes so they sent him the complete brake system....even the full metal brake lines.

He used to also talk about smoking them up a about 25-30mph in all three gears.

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Cheers fellas for all the comments:thumbsup:
Well recently i have got stuck into the inside floor pan and have cleaned it, sanded back the loose paint and surface rust, i have treated the surface and chemically killed the rust and prepped the surface for painting! & the other day i finally went over it with kill rust epoxy! so my inside floor pan is nearly setup for when i want to move onto the interior:) i also pulled the upper plenum apart and got stuck into that so it can be blasted and treated for rust ect should have a few pics up in a day or so! will keeps you all posted!!

aaron.blake

Reaction score
Members Ride
statesman
wish i had a charger :( saw a nice one freshly restored for 8000 yesterday

makakycs

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VS Clubsport
hows it going

Hey , hows progres.:wax: lol
Been doing a bit more work on my Targa top now that I've finished some maintainence on the Charger race car (dirt circuit), rebuilt the front end and had to pull the gearbox due to having no speedo :bang:, was missing a little piss farting clip that holds the drive cog in place on the output shaft , what a hassle:bang::bang:.
Next up will be changing motors and then having it inspected and hopefully be back on the road , fill us in on whats happening with your beast.
Cheers Mark:D

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Cheers lads, have not done a real lot lately as i have just started an apprenticeship, but should have some more time on my hands soon to get stuck back into it! Will keep you guys posted:thumbsup:

makakycs

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VS Clubsport
How's it coming along?