Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

valiant charger;)

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Far Out!!! was working on the chargers rear end when i got booted hard by the power drill:eek::shutup: teach me right for mucking with it in the first place:p not to worry all is good the home safety power trip switch worked (even if it was a little late:whistling:) now to borrow my next door neighbours drill and back into it:p

DND

Banned
Reaction score
I see you got the 265 red motor it will have heeps of rubber ripping off the back without the webbers on it :thumbsup:

you could just drop a holley on it that will make it sit up and bark :driving:

oh your gunna need a booster on them breaks bad :yeah:

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
geez. that woudl be been a bit of effort.. my great uncle was an engineer and did lots of interesting stuff. one project he did was sleeving down a holden grey motor so he would get into the 4 cylinder class in his boat. he always use to win because he had the longer stroke.. those of you who see the scotts trucks around. they belong to alan scott. eh lives in mount gambier and use to race my uncle and to this day is still quite bitter that use to get beaten by the "viper".
i don't know how to expain what wet sleeving is. i am not good at putting things into words. it means each bore i spose can be taken out. when ya take each one out ya can see the water jackets. a lot of diesels are wet sleeve motors. so when ya rebuild them ya can resleeve them instead of boring them

Rhino Racing

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn/vp Speedway Street Sedan
well there you go! learn something new everyday:) hey also Rihno-racing whats wet sleeveing a block mean??

Exactly as Defa has explained mate.
A lot of mucking around to do yourself and also it would cost heaps if you had to pay for it.Also if it is not done properly it can be disasterous!
Bottom line is stick with what you have got.( 265's are sweet mate).:thumbsup:

I went to look at an R/T Charger for sale today. Drove 300 klms to check it out only to inform the owner that according to the id tags and plates what he thought was an original R/T was infact a mock up that was done years ago. We photocopied the pages from the manual i have. (Poor Bugger.... feel sorry for him cos he was mislead when he bought it)
He thought it was worth much more than what it is because of this.:cry:
So i am still looking!:whistling;):D:yeah::thumbsup:

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
i know of a place where they have 12 e38's and i was telling a bloke that and he said he knows a fella who has even more. i cna't remember how many. over 15 anyway. he could have bought one in bits for 30,000 or 40,000 (can't remember that either) but missed out by one day.. i gave up the dream of getting one when they went above 25,000. i would be happy with a good mock up i think.. i really do want a charger. i do feel i will need two. well. want two.. lol

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
I see you got the 265 red motor it will have heeps of rubber ripping off the back without the webbers on it :thumbsup:

you could just drop a holley on it that will make it sit up and bark :driving:

oh your gunna need a booster on them breaks bad :yeah:

yeah my cousins old flatmate had a pacer ute with a cain hemi manifold and holley 4barrel and it went like a scolded cat:p but i still will be getting the webbers as not only will it look awesome under the hood but it should go awesome as well:D i often joke with my dad who grew up around these cars i say to him what do you reckon the charger would go like with the 265 motor and trip webbers with a raptor supercharger bolted off to one side? his eyes just open in fear as he says absolutley ballistic:eek:!! i then say well good you can be the first test passenger in the back:shutup::p:yeah: no with all seriuosness i wounder how on earth these cars pulled up with the brakes they have:shutup: when this girl gets put back on the road she will have slotted rotors all round and (if possible) a VT brake system put on her! should help pull things up abit quicker:thumbsup:

geez. that woudl be been a bit of effort.. my great uncle was an engineer and did lots of interesting stuff. one project he did was sleeving down a holden grey motor so he would get into the 4 cylinder class in his boat. he always use to win because he had the longer stroke.. those of you who see the scotts trucks around. they belong to alan scott. eh lives in mount gambier and use to race my uncle and to this day is still quite bitter that use to get beaten by the "viper".
i don't know how to expain what wet sleeving is. i am not good at putting things into words. it means each bore i spose can be taken out. when ya take each one out ya can see the water jackets. a lot of diesels are wet sleeve motors. so when ya rebuild them ya can resleeve them instead of boring them
thanks mate for the info:thumbsup: so i take it the standard size bore is cut out and a bigger size bore is replaced and welded in?

Exactly as Defa has explained mate.
A lot of mucking around to do yourself and also it would cost heaps if you had to pay for it.Also if it is not done properly it can be disasterous!
Bottom line is stick with what you have got.( 265's are sweet mate).:thumbsup:

I went to look at an R/T Charger for sale today. Drove 300 klms to check it out only to inform the owner that according to the id tags and plates what he thought was an original R/T was infact a mock up that was done years ago. We photocopied the pages from the manual i have. (Poor Bugger.... feel sorry for him cos he was mislead when he bought it)
He thought it was worth much more than what it is because of this.:cry:
So i am still looking!:whistling;):D:yeah::thumbsup:

yeah dont worry i will be sticking with the 265:) bet the blokes destroyed to find out about his car being a fake R/T:(

i know of a place where they have 12 e38's and i was telling a bloke that and he said he knows a fella who has even more. i cna't remember how many. over 15 anyway. he could have bought one in bits for 30,000 or 40,000 (can't remember that either) but missed out by one day.. i gave up the dream of getting one when they went above 25,000. i would be happy with a good mock up i think.. i really do want a charger. i do feel i will need two. well. want two.. lol
yeah they are only going up in price now! the other day there was a bloke on the tradeing post asking $30k for a vj sportsman! it was pretty mint! although bargains do pop up now and again like the other day there was one in the tradeing post (normal charger) for $2000 in tazzie in good nick! it unfortuneatly had been snapped up before i had a chance to get hold of it:( but goes to show they do pop up from time to time:thumbsup:

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
ya don't weld the sleeves in. they are pressed in and seal with o-rings. well the truck motor i saw was anyways.. i don't think i would be going down that path myself. cheaper to get a big block..
also webers will give you a lot more airflow than a 4 barrel. i was reading in a carby book and 4x48 mm webers is enough air flow for 1200 hp

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
ya don't weld the sleeves in. they are pressed in and seal with o-rings. well the truck motor i saw was anyways.. i don't think i would be going down that path myself. cheaper to get a big block..

i think theres a company i was looking @ that does sell big block crate conversions.. that was the one my wife and i where looking @! wouldnt mind getting a hold of an ol keith black 426:yeah:
also webers will give you a lot more airflow than a 4 barrel. i was reading in a carby book and 4x48 mm webers is enough air flow for 1200 hp
well in my hey charger book there was supposed to be an option to the E49 wich was to be called the E49 plus! with a different grind on the cam it increased their hp output from 302BHP to 320BHP and the engineers said that it idled some what lumpilly:yeah: sadly though im not sure if any E49 plus chargers ever made it onto the road :( but either way the people in the hey charger book were good enough to write down the cam grind that they used wich will be going into my 265:D:thumbsup: also hemi perfomance sells a fully ported and polished head wich is supposed to add an extra 20-40BHP (depending on which stage you go i think) so theres a few extra mods that i will be thinking about when it comes time for the engine rebuild;)...oh and possibly a 150 shot of NOS:whistling:

Last edited:

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
i reckon there might have been a bathurst cam. so i was told. i got told ages ago there was an engine built that had more power than the e49 motor.

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
i reckon there might have been a bathurst cam. so i was told. i got told ages ago there was an engine built that had more power than the e49 motor.

will have a look in the hey charger book and see if i can find out about the bathurst setup:)
well been a busy bee trying to get the back end of the charger stripped back to bare metal and then primed! its been an absolute mission:wax::wax::wax: been taking pics along the way so will have some before and after shots up by tomorow sometime:thumbsup: