Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

valiant charger;)

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
what did u use 2 sand back the paint 2 metal what tools or products cheers?

On the roof and flat panels i used an ozito random orbital sander with p80 to get through the first few layers of paint/primer then i used p120 before priming! i also used a drill with wire brush attachment to get into areas around the wind screen. I also highly recommend getting a proper dust mask (the rubber ones with the filters) as the paint dust is toxic and gave me a sore throat for a week! also some safety glasses & some rubber gloves as paint stripper and deoxidine (a rust treatment/preventative) is not good to get on your hands or in your eyes:p (not to mention a peice of wire flying of the drill atachment @ high speed into your eyes is not good either;))! but for the curved metal and on places where it was to hard to get a sander into i just use sparko paint stripper from bunnings, it cost about $50 for 4 liters and i just scrape it off with a paint scraper:) let me know if you need to know more:thumbsup:

VHSLX3300

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S Pac VH SL/X
Maattee buy air tools. I have a die grinder air tool with the wire brush attachment you speak of and I can get it to spin up to 16,000 rpm I use it constantly with the Val and the Tori. I know their expensive but by god compressed air is the best power for any tool ever. Except the noise. But the neighbours get used to it. Anyway keep up the good work. Unfortunally id say I got a fair bit more body work than you. But im sure theyl both be damn fine cars once their finished and most likely worth a fair bit. Cheers

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Maattee buy air tools. I have a die grinder air tool with the wire brush attachment you speak of and I can get it to spin up to 16,000 rpm I use it constantly with the Val and the Tori. I know their expensive but by god compressed air is the best power for any tool ever. Except the noise. But the neighbours get used to it. Anyway keep up the good work. Unfortunally id say I got a fair bit more body work than you. But im sure theyl both be damn fine cars once their finished and most likely worth a fair bit. Cheers

thanks for the info mate:thumbsup: i have been thinking of getting some air tools to work with but havent had the funds lately, but i will keep it in mind:thumbsup: yeah the body work in the vals (from what ive heard from others and my own experiences) can be a real nightmare:shutup: but once its all sorted it should be a real head turner and an awesome street machine to drive:thumbsup:

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
yeh thanks mate ive tried paint stripper it just doesnt work lol theres some bodgey paint from where my old man tried 2 respray the car tha paints 2 thick ohwell back 2 the drawing board hahah

the paint on the charger is also very thick, i have to use several coats of stripper to get back to bare metal! it does take alot of time but its the most effective and easiest to use! you could also try an air tool as mentioned above?

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
with air tools. ya need a very very good compressor to keep up with them. otherwise ya end up sitting there doing nothing half the time..

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
with air tools. ya need a very very good compressor to keep up with them. otherwise ya end up sitting there doing nothing half the time..

thats true! my el,cheapo air compresor would die with to much demand:p

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
any more progress with the charger

Rhino Racing

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn/vp Speedway Street Sedan
I too have been waiting to hear if anything has been done to the beast.
I think he has been busy with every other project under the sun atm.
I hope she is not another half started project that rusts away in a shed somewhere.
Keep us posted!!