Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

valiant charger;)

makakycs

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VS Clubsport
the worse problem with valiant brakes is the calipers make a lot of noise, by fitting the VY-VZ you eliminate the noise and upgrade with 2 or 4 spot calipers depending on base model or SS. I will try and find the article I read about doing this swap. Cheers Mark

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
the worse problem with valiant brakes is the calipers make a lot of noise, by fitting the VY-VZ you eliminate the noise and upgrade with 2 or 4 spot calipers depending on base model or SS. I will try and find the article I read about doing this swap. Cheers Mark

That would be sweet mate!!
Yeah (imo) for the performance the charger has the stock brakes are nothing short of :shutup: and the wheels road test also said they had poor braking with terrible fade ect so As far as brakes go im going to be doing a completely new setup with possibly a VT booster!! I have rang up Repco and their supplier (DBA) can supply me with a slotted/drilled rotor for $150 each, The repco DBA are 280mm but the ones in the hoppers kit are 300mm drilled/slotted and come with a hub conversion kit + adapter/bearings to suit the twin piston caliper upgrade ect! but it also cost $1350 for the kit:( so will have to give it some thought as i really want the 300mm rotors! But if i can fit the VY-VZ twin piston calipers and the repco DBA rotors I will defineatly look @ that option to save some $$$$ i can always use the money i save for more performance parts:p Anyway the other night (on a side note) the missus and i pulled up to the lights and a dodge phoenix pulled up next to us rumbling away ect the bloke was playing some old school Elvis, was a mad ride, he gave it a little off the lights, was nothing short of magic...!!!

Last edited:

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore

makakycs

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VS Clubsport
Hey how you going working hard on that val I hope.Mate couldn't find that article on the Vy-Vz calipers but I do remember that only 1 hole had to be modified.Haven't been able to get my hands on a caliper either as yet, but I'm working on it.Just finished doing a rear disc conversion using AU ford(aaahhhh) front disc hats,Vj-Vk cast iron calipers(later model) and a Cl-Cm master cylinder/booster combo.Works excellent all locking up at same time, may have to fit a adjustable proportioning valve tho to get the rears to lock first.Keep up the good work,long live the Vals.
Cheers Mark

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Hey how you going working hard on that val I hope.Mate couldn't find that article on the Vy-Vz calipers but I do remember that only 1 hole had to be modified.Haven't been able to get my hands on a caliper either as yet, but I'm working on it.Just finished doing a rear disc conversion using AU ford(aaahhhh) front disc hats,Vj-Vk cast iron calipers(later model) and a Cl-Cm master cylinder/booster combo.Works excellent all locking up at same time, may have to fit a adjustable proportioning valve tho to get the rears to lock first.Keep up the good work,long live the Vals.
Cheers Mark

The missus and i are trying to save 10-12K together by the end of 09 to get her put into a body shop to get all the rust cut out and panels all straight, then painted ect! I am doing what i can myself, but when it comes to the finall touches i will let the pro,s sort her out;) We can hardly wait to see the shell completely sorted and painted sitting under the garage just waiting for a killer 265 with trips to go in:yeah::bow: our plan @ this stage is to get the shell sorted and bought up to imac conditions then replace/rebuild the interior, and finally the drive line!

makakycs

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VS Clubsport
Hey hows it going, still working hard I hope.
Been doing a bit of work on my road charger lately cause the cops defected it for tyres and a frayed seatbelt:cry:
Just thought I would send you a pic or two just to prove I'm not a one eyed val nut.Thats my road charger and the clubby is the better halves daily.
Beautiful car to drive and its just clocked up 145,000k's.
100_2995.jpg

100_3017.jpg

All the best and keep up the good work,somebodies gotta save them old vals and it looks like we're it:D
Cheers Mark

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
^^^^That looks bloody sweet mate!!!
I have been real busy lately but im hoping to get the old girl sand blasted @ the end of the year,primed,front end suspension rebuild, and then look @ getting the rest of the body sorted!! my sisters boyfriend (soon to be husband, top bloke) is restoring 2 XY Falcons, one is a fairlane the other is a normal falcon the fairlane has the 351 and that's the one he has been working on ect, we are both trying hard to get our cars sorted (falcon, charger) so they can be used for their wedding cars!! Anyway, will keep you guys posted as things progress, and thanks everyone for the inspiration:)

VIP SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS SERIES 2
beautiful cars, I wish I owned one but the wife will winge to much