Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Valuation of a WB statesman deville

Aussie Nate

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 Ve Omega
Hey im currently in talks with swapping my 06 ve omega for a 1984 wb statesman deville series 2.

the statesman has 266,000klms, stock engine (308) and stock 3 speed auto.
New paint
new rims n tyres,
new lowered suspension,
new rotors n brakes all round
new front windscreen,
new power steering pump,
new fuel pump,
new extractors
New single 2.5 inch exhaust.
New stereo and speakers.
New front seatbelts. (as per rwc requirements)
twin fusion subs and amp in the boot.
ground up rebuild in 2011, no rust besides some surface showing in fuel cap area (hinges on cap panel cover)

My VE is an omega, 3.6ltr auto, 160,000klms, 20inch rims, tinted windows, side body sticker, front bumper add on, rear spoiler, duel hurricane cat back exhaust. rest stock.
I'm curious about a rough value on the statesman?
pics are of my ve and the car im thinking of swapping for.
Any comments on whether or not i should trade?
backseat.jpgdash.jpgdeville.jpgengine.jpgfront.jpginside.jpgsides.jpgwax.jpg

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
An original WB would be a reasonable investment, but a modified one not so much IMHO. I wouldnt swap thats for sure, unless thats what you really want to do.
Stick with what you got. If hell bent on a WB, look around for a good genuine one, then sell your VE.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I know who'd be getting the better part of that deal, and it wouldn't be you.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL Wagon
probably worth similar, if the WB will be your daily you might have to maintain it a bit more and might even be up for an engine, trans, suspension (all the things you don't need to worry about with a late model car)
WB is much cooler than an '06 VE
i bought a VH to replace my AU and after 2 months of 80km trips each day i ended up blowing the motor due to heavy traffic, inefficiant cooling system and worn engine and lack of oil pressure, new motor and still drives like a 30 year old car so i'm up for alot of money to get it to handle and stop like a modern car.
ended up keeping the VH as a weekender and bought a new Fiesta

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
If the WB was original.....would be the best deal you could make.

Unfortunately the classic has been ruined now.

Aussie Nate

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 Ve Omega
Yeah i know its lost alot of value, i've searched around for wb's for sale, price varies from 5k to 15k+ depending on klms.
I know my car i'd be lucky to get $9000 for it.

just not sure if that wb is a $5000 car or not, i know my car will be $7000 this time next year.

Yes the more i think about it the more I want it, i have a daily drive at home, the ve isn't my daily, I bought it for $6000 2 years ago on a urgent sale, but yeah to the point anyone know rough values and prices, I was thinking of offering coin instead of a swap, unsure of the coin value. $6500 i was gonna throw, but i dont wanna throw that at a $5000 car.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL Wagon
the WB would have to be worth more than $5k easy, i clapped out 308 WB ute is $3k min, just the front panels are $1500, wreckers want $600ea for lights, $1000 for a running 308 engine, that WB has got to be worth $7-8k, and yes next year your VE will be depreciate, while the WB will appreciate.

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
some people who modify cars think a 10K paint job with custom airbrushing, fully sick subs and some chrome wheels add that combined dollar value and then some to the price when they go to sell which is never the case. it's pretty sad really. there is a clear difference between "restoring" a car and "doing it up".

wreckers charge so much because they know if you're going to restore a car or fix a damaged one, you MUST have that part. hence why they bend you over and take you for everything they can get. there is NO such thing as a honest or fairly priced wrecker, unless you're a mate of course.

Aussie Nate

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 Ve Omega
yeah im going ahead with the swap, my ve has occasional check engine that i have bypassed since i replaced the oil pressure sensor and it says the same code since fixing.
the timing is coming up to replace within rough estimates of 90-120k intervals, plugs due soon, i've owned it for almost 3 years and i have the feeling something is going to bite the wallet soon, hopefully im wrong and old mate gets my reliable car for what its worth, but i have that feeling and ive lost the love for it over the last 6-9months. I'm getting sick of the computerized life of the new cars.

The green wb wouldn't be too bad to have in the shed for weekenders, not keen for a major fix on the wb, but im taking the risk :)

thanks for the imput guys