Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Value for $ Series 1?

Ross D.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
iam with immortality, could do it for a grand easy if you do it yourself maybe abit more.

D3V14NT

Likes Shiny Things
Reaction score
Members Ride
93 VP BT1 V6
Roll master double row timing chain RRP's for $250 IIRC.

Paid $160 for one from VPW today, they're about the same price from MACE I believe.

The cost of a double row isn't really that much more than a standard single row + new tensioner and it's certainly going to last longer than the tensioner on the single row.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais Supercharged "Auuusiecouch"
Just noticed your in NZ, mind if I pick your brains for numbers of places, and seein as you know what your doing possibly have a hand buildin a shoppin list? Cheers

Kelford cams are in Christchurch

or Franklin cams in Pukekohe where I got my regrind from. Regrind appox $150-250 + springs.

He's my list for my VS ute NA build, I'm currently collecting bits ;)

1x spare Ecotec motor to mod (as it's my daily) $400 bargain, Delcowizzid tune $100, Full gasket set $230, head shave .050" and 3 angle valve job $500, 3000 Hi stall $250 cashie, Stage 2 shift kit $300, 3.7 gears set (already an LSD) $700 fitted, Pacemaker headers $550, twin 2" into 2 1/2" exhaust $600, 69mm T/B $180, Mace CAI and spacers $500+, Franklins reground cam (.508" 210 @ .050" 110LSA) $250, Dual row timing set $220, ARP head studs (to replace stock torque to yield bolts) $100, #105 Crow valve springs $160-220, Manley retainers (for 1.8" install height) $50, MSD leads $300, Iridium plugs $100.. Fluids & consumables $200 :yeah:

And I'm doing all the monkey work..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey thanks heaps for that mate, what does all that cost roughly as parts? And what are you hopin to get out of it power wise? Handy that Kelford are in Chch

Post edited, appoximate prices added .. upto around $5600nzd in driveline mods so far :rolleyes:

Should be a bit of fun!

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Yes but theres lots else to think about, now that im manual im not goin back to auto and a manual v8 combo is way out off what i can afford atm. plus brakes would need some work, radiator etc. Not something I can be bothered with. Anyway can someone give me actually advice instead of tellin me to get a v8. Theres plenty of worked 6's around, should they all get 8's instead?

Unless you go FI, bolt on's for v6 is really just like pissing in the wind.

Reaper

Reaction score
Members Ride
Unless you go FI, bolt on's for v6 is really just like pissing in the wind.

Reaper

That's useful information, but may I suggest you head back to the V8 forum where the wind blows from behind :kissmy:

lemusa

Unmotivated Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
Haha yes ownin a v8 certainly brings a level of arogance.

Hey westerly, a fair portion of that money would be on gearbox work? Im manual so wont have to touch the box

Reaction score
Members Ride

:shooting: Hehe

[/QUOTE]Hey westerly, a fair portion of that money would be on gearbox work? Im manual so wont have to touch the box[/QUOTE]

Less $550.. (Hi Stall and shiftkit) yeah, but a good HD clutch is a good idea, next one up from the standard HD for towing.. 1000kg pressure plate.

Reaction score
Members Ride

:shooting: Hehe

Hey westerly, a fair portion of that money would be on gearbox work? Im manual so wont have to touch the box

Less $550.. (Hi Stall and shiftkit) yeah, but a good HD clutch is a good idea, next one up from the standard HD for towing.. 1000kg pressure plate.