Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Value increasing for 25th anniversary

Muzzas25thAnn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore 25th Anniversary
Hi all, new to the forum, I own an 03 VY 25th anniversary sedan, I absolutely love her! I paid $4,000 a while ago for mine, I never had a thought of making money off her because I never want to sell it, I was offered $17,500 last week, $14,000 three days ago and $18,000 today when filling the tank, I asked around and the very very few true blue Holden enthusiasts I know say they will pay $16,000 no hesitation so long as it’s 100% stock standard which it is, they Are saying Because it’s starting to become a collectors car ( all be it not a $1M one ) I had a call on car sales about mine and was offered $13,900 ( I listed her for ( $14,999 ) I declined because I am still receiving bids of $14-$15K and am waiting for the most I can get obviously, I wanted to let everyone know about the offers I am receiving because we all love our cars and god forbid the day we let them go, we may as well sell them for what they are worth, I’ve watched and listened to owners selling theirs in private sales for the last week and a blue 25th anniversary traded hands stock standard and original parts for $16,550 just three days ago, I believe in Perth or surrounding areas, I don’t know if the values will continue to climb or sit at $14-18K for good but I am selling mine and if you want to I’d highly recommend doing the same on Carsales or any sites because value is fantastic for the VY 25th anniversary’s at this point in time.

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
LOL funniest thing i have read in a long time, No one is going to buy your vy v6 with 233500 ks for $15000

Im guessing you joined this forum today to post that garbage

Had a look on carsales and there is only one vy 25th anniversary listed at $14,999 and im guessing it yours.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/de...h-anniversary-vy-ii-auto/SSE-AD-6845572/?Cr=2

Love the description
2003 Holden Commodore VY 25th anniversary, Highly Desiree and collectable in this original condition, everything works perfectly, power windows front and back, power seats front, sterio and CD player, very comfortable cruiser, the rego is still in warranty but runs out soon, I will pay for 3 months rego if buyer wants me to, everything in this car is factory standard, the rims still perfect, paint still in great condition, aircon heats and cools on command, This model ( 25th anniversary ) is highly sort after, not only because of what it represents but because even given its caliber, it’s the perfect car for any driver, first car owners will love the smooth ride and extreme comfort, if you want to use it for a daily commute you will love the great fuel economy, the car will reach 400 kms on 3qtr tank, not only has this car already climbed in value but will most likely continue do so so as Enthusiasts will only want this make and model more as the years go on

Muzzas25thAnn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Haha yea I am just as if not more surprised than you are, I don’t believe for a second it’s worth it, but I’ve had the offers so why not try my luck and yea that’s the one, if the offers are comin why not post and sell it for what I can, the reason I posted this is because as a Holden Enthusiast I don’t want others missing out, so my apologies I can’t seem to get on the same high horse you are on, again I don’t believe for a second it’s worth it and I’ll take what I can get but I’ve had these offers so why not post it?

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

Muzzas25thAnn

Reaction score
Members Ride
simply because I bought a $4k car and a random offers $18k if that doesn’t strike you as beyond dodgy I don’t know what to tell ya, but even though I gather they are just fandoms taking the piss I though why not and posted it for 14999, I don’t want to sell my car, but hey if some fool decides “he’ll yea” then by all means, and there is also another VY 25th in car sales for $16500, to me it’s a fun experiment, I am Sharing my experiences with these people because of at some point some person catches wind and actually believes these folk are being serious they just may be silly enough to pay around the 14 mark, I don’t believe they will But no harm in giving it a whirl

Muzzas25thAnn

Reaction score
Members Ride
While I am a lightweight I’d at least do the “genius” thing and gather at least one more person into my “master plan” but I digress, Commodore has been sold for 14.5, trades hands at 5pm tonight, I’m happy to keep you all updated and informed, this was a friendly heads up on what silly people are paying and think the value is worth on a very very common commodore purely because it’s a “special model” in their eyes

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited: