Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Value Of VT Today

mofo sixx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 5.0 auto
I have a VT exec, has a VX SS body kit, elec windows,cruise, 5.0, 2"5 exhaust, 17" alloys, pretty neat and tidy, 180,000k

i was looking @ trading in on a VZ SS and was offered $1000 trade in,

*i do have a blown head gasket which i will be fixing this week , but i didnt mention that to the car yard*

i would rather just keep it for that money, my plan now i guess is stick it on
ebay after i fix the head gasket and bung $5000 on it and hope for the best,

otherwise forget about a new car and keep it ,

i guess with the financial situation, and the age of VTs now their price realistically has dropped a bit, does this mean in 2 - 3 yrs, VZs will be down around the 5k mark?

crazy situation really, i guess there is also a flood of used cars on the market,

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
have a look at redbook.com ssee how much its worth. best of luck

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
what year is the VT to start with? (obviously series 1)
car yards need to make money as well dont forget, they buy your car for $1000, spend the money it needs on it to bring it up to scratch (or send it straight to auction because its too old) and then they need to make a profit on it after all the expenses.
so they might sell it for x amount but at the end of the day, they have only made $1000 profit (for example).

out of curiosity, where are you located?
i might be interested in it, even as it sits.

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
I saw a very similar car WITHOUT the SS bodykit sold at auction as a repairable write-off (damaged, no registration ect ect ect) for over $2,000 just 4 weeks ago.

Just look around. The problem is that some people are desperate and selling their cars way below market value because they need the cash which is bringing down the average sale price of the cars which is bringing down the market value.

It's annoying that we all have to suffer because some people are in stupid amounts of debt and need cash so desperately.

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
yer just start higher and work your way down, i started at 4200 with my vr with a dead bonnet and fender and ended up selling it for 3 k

mofo sixx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 5.0 auto
my car is pretty tidy, & straight, i have always looked after it, had it serviced etc

the only real problem with it, is the head gasket, which is getting done this week,

*the head gasket was bad luck,. back in Jan i was stuck in traffic & my fan relay packed it in & it boiled on me, i pulled over as soon as i could but it was too late obviously

i will be putting a lumpy cam & get the heads shaved, this week when doing the head gasket

oh btw: davway PM me if your serious dude,

Cheers

kart_racer

Races karts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim 5M
$1000 is a joke, even for a trade in offer...

My guess is that car should be worth more around the 6-7k mark. In the current climate it might be hard to sell though.

Redbook have V6 VT's at around 3-4k... which is probably a little low and they have a reputation for grossly underestimating values...

Robbo_c

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais II,2007 Calais V
just try and sell it privately for as much as u can,sum ppl who dont know much about cars will pay good money for it.