Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vandals And Paintwork

N

NicksVP92

Hey guys and gals,

This is my first post and I'm looking for some advise...

My car door got keyed in a BIG way (last day of school and I'm surrounded by spoiled, rich, private school brats!!! ) and I am looking for some advise as to how to fix it without repainting the entire door or car. It was a real f'ed up job, with them getting down to metal in spots!

If anyone has some advice for me, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Nick
NicksVP92

fergi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5 LITRE V8
if they got down to bare metal well apart from a paint job you could try polishing it out ,this will not fix it completly but will soften up the scratches,or you can get a can of automotive touch up paint from a holden dealer and try this
cheers fergi

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
nick, im afraid to say this, but it dont realy sound like you go to a good school, you can key any car you want, just dont do the commodore, it should be the death penalty to anyone caught causing any sort of harm to the aussie icon that we all love to drive

well anyway's, all i can say is this, get the door resprayed, you can do a quick touch up, but it wont look the same, cause it's down to bare metal in spots it will be more prone now to rust and corrosion, and if not repaired properly it will cause it do deteriate in a huge way. the prosess will involve you removing the paint around the affected area, applying the undercoat and all the other layer's of paint required on it.

in the mean time, untill you can get it fixed either by a pannel beater, or a mate who is a spray painter or a person who is good at car re-spray's. i would sugest putting some sort of a metal protecting product over it, e.g. a bit of shelly's kill rust or something like that, you realy dont want any moisture on the door

cheers
garth

p.s. doing paint repaires on a car is like a art form, unless you are any good at it, it will realy suck, thinks like matching the paint(taking fading into account) re-spray techniques, and drying time's are something that you cant tell anyone, each car is different, and ambiant temperature (the temp of the air) will hinder or help each re-spray in a different way. my personal opinion would be just touch it up with a stick of touchup paint, (put the rust kill on first) and wait untill you can aford the profesional repaire

MaNiac_VP

Mr Moderator !
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VPII Calais
QUOTE (Garth @ Dec 6 2003, 10:25 PM)

p.s. doing paint repaires on a car is like a art form, unless you are any good at it, it will realy suck, thinks like matching the paint(taking fading into account) re-spray techniques, and drying time's are something that you cant tell anyone, each car is different, and ambiant temperature (the temp of the air) will hinder or help each re-spray in a different way. my personal opinion would be just touch it up with a stick of touchup paint, (put the rust kill on first) and wait untill you can aford the profesional repaire
hell Yeh i agree with that, especially if its a metallic paint, then the whole door will have to be redone, ive been in the same position and now mine looks ****.
Althought i did a great job of the finish, the two different colours are noticable as i didnt take fading into account.